Z Communications is a left-wing activist-oriented media group founded in 1986 by Michael Albert and Lydia Sargent. It is, in broad terms, ideologically libertarian socialist, anticapitalist, and heavily influenced by participatory economics, although much of its content is focused on critical commentary of foreign affairs. Its publications include Z Magazine, ZNet, and Z Video.
Zeta Magazine was founded by Michael Albert and Lydia Sargent in 1987, both of whom had previously co-founded South End Press. It was renamed Z Magazine in 1989.
Founded in 1994, Z Media Institute provides classes and other sessions in how to start and produce alternative media, how to better understand media, and how to develop organising skills. The institute has hosted Stephen Shalom presentations on parpolity a number of times.
Founded in 1995, Z Net (also known as ZNet and Z Communications) is a website with contributors that include Noam Chomsky, Eduardo Galeano, Boris Kagarlitsky, Edward Said, Chris Spannos and Kevin Zeese. John Pilger has described it as one of the best news sources online. Rene Milan of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies called the site a rich source of information about participism. The site was mentioned in the 2007 film Shooter.
Z Magazine is published in print and on-line monthly.
Contributors to the magazine include Noam Chomsky,, Ward Churchill, Edward S. Herman, Mike Kuhlenbeck, Jack Rasmas, Paul Street, Patrick Bond and Kevin Zeese. Articles written by Chomsky have been republished in the New Statesman.
In a 2005 interview with Joshua Frank, Ward Churchill discussed issues he had with Z Magazine. Churchill claimed an article he worked on was not published for two years and was misattributed. He also felt Albert and Sargent had greater say than others involved with the publication.
- ^ Max Elbaum. Revolution in the air: sixties radicals turn to Lenin, Mao and Che. London, England, UK; New York, New York, USA: Verso, 2002. p. 296.
- ^ Joshua D. Atkinson, Alternative Media and Politics of Resistance: A Communication Perspective (Peter Lang, 2010), ISBN 978-1433105173, pp. 88-90. Excerpts available at Google Books.
- ^ https://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/4758958
- ^ https://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/515982
- ^ Berger, Dan; Cornell, Andy. "Ten Questions for Movement Building". Monthly Review. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- ^ Doherty, Alex. "The Politics Of A Good Society". New Left Project. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ a b c d e Pilger, John. "John Pilger prefers the web to TV news - it's more honest online". New Statesman. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- ^ "Chomsky's Bio Info". Z Net. Archived from the original on December 12, 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ ""Good News," Iraq & Beyond, Part 1". Z Net. Archived from the original on December 16, 2008. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ "Insurrection Debated". Adbusters. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ a b "Kevin Zeese's". Z Communication. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- ^ Zeese, Kevin. "U.S.A.: Mobilizing Against Halliburton, the "Poster Child for War Profiteering"". CorpWatch. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- ^ Milan, Rene. "The Vision Thing". Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ Stevens, Dana. "Top Gun". Slate. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ Pilger, John. "John Pilger offers a reading list to counter Reagan". New Statesman. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- ^ a b Chomsky, Noam. "Judge the US by deeds, not words". New Statesman. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- ^ a b http://dissidentvoice.org/Sept05/Frank0919.htm
- ^ Herman, Edward S. "Krugman, Putin and the New York Times". Dissent Voice. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- ^ "Workers getting burned by McDonald's greed". Peoples World. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ "Exit Stage Right (Brexit) and Left (Grexit)". TeleSur. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ Street, Paul. "Name That System and/or Work to Overthrow It". TeleSur. Retrieved 22 May 2015.
- ^ https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/south-africas-junk-credit-rating-was-avoided-but-at-the-cost-of-junk-analysis/
- ^ Chomsky, Noam. "Is this really a grand Nato victory?". New Statesman. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.