Xuyi County (simplified Chinese: 盱眙县; traditional Chinese: 盱眙縣; pinyin: Xūyí Xiàn) is under the administration of Huai'an, Jiangsu province, China. The southernmost of Huai'an's county-level divisions, it borders the prefecture-level cities of Suqian to the north and Chuzhou (Anhui) to the south and west. Xuyi is known for its raw crayfish and savoury crayfish.
The original meaning of "xuyi" in the ancient Chinese is "widen one's eyes and look straight ahead". Since there was a city built on a hill, people could stand atop and act as "xuyi" to survey, both of the county and the hill were name named after the word.
Xuyi was under the jurisdiction of Anhui province until 1955, being passed to Jiangsu to facilitate the management of the Hongze Lake.
The mausoleum site was flooded ca. 1680, when the Yellow River changed its course, merged with the Huai River, and the Hongze Lake appeared. (The nearby Ming-era city of Sizhou (泗州) was completely flooded by the same lake as well). In the 1960s, the lake waters receded; the stone figures of the mausoleum's Spirit way were subsequently recovered from the mud and re-erected. ( )