The Universidad de Guanajuato (in English, the University of Guanajuato) is a university based in the Mexican state of Guanajuato, made up of about 33,828 students in programs ranging from high school level to the doctorate level. Over 17,046 of those are pursuing undergraduate, masters, and doctorate degrees. The university offers 153 academic programs, including 13 doctorates, 39 masters programs, and 65 bachelor's degrees. The university has schools in fourteen cities throughout the state of Guanajuato.
The university traces its history back to the educational institute called the Hospice of the Holy Trinity, which was established on October 1, 1732. On August 29, 1827, upon the signing of the first constitutional government, the school changed its name to the College of the Immaculate Conception and fell under government responsibility. Programs founded around this time included Mining, Law, Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. In 1831, a library was established.
The name of the college changed again in 1867, this time to the National College of Guanajuato. During the following decade, technical programs at the school grew rapidly, as did research. Finally, in 1945, the college changed its name to the University of Guanajuato, and the school was granted autonomy by the state legislature beginning on May 21, 1994.
Increase, preserve and share all knowledge aimed towards the upright development of the human being, through the preservation of its environment and the construction of a democratic, just and free society.
The University of Guanajuato is a public institution offering highschool and university education.
High School System
Content from Wikipedia