Understanding Trump is a 2017 book about Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States, by Newt Gingrich.
Newt Gingrich describes his time being with Donald Trump during his 2016 campaign. The book also contains a foreword written by Trump's son, Eric Trump.
Speechwriters Joe DeSantis and Louie Brogdon developed the first draft for Understanding Trump.
In the first week of its release, Understanding Trump sold over 37,000 copies. The book eventually topped The New York Times' Hardcover Non-Fiction Best Sellers list on July 2.
Jake Nevins of The Guardian wrote that the book is "filled with Gingrichian platitudes of this sort. They don't exactly help us "understand Trump," though they do offer a look into the rhetorical acrobatics one might employ to defend the indefensible." Meanwhile, Alexander Nazaryan of Newsweek noted that Gingrich used the word "elites" about 50 times, but does not explain the meaning of the word. Nazaryan also noted that Gingrich included conservatives such as George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush as part of the "elite left".
- ^ "Book excerpt: Newt Gingrich's 'Understanding Trump'". ABC News. June 19, 2017. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- ^ Stark, Liz (June 15, 2017). "Here's what we learned from Newt Gingrich's attempt at 'Understanding Trump'". CNN. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- ^ a b Nazaryan, Alexander (June 20, 2017). "Has any man ever admired another man as much as Newt Gingrich admires President Trump?". Newsweek. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- ^ "Juvenile Categories Spur Modest Sales Increase". Publishers Weekly. June 23, 2017. Retrieved June 26, 2017.
- ^ "Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction - July 2, 2017". The New York Times. July 2, 2017. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- ^ Nevins, Jake (June 20, 2017). "Understanding Trump: what can we learn from Newt Gingrich's new book?". The Guardian. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.