Trump Model Management
Last updated on 25 July 2017
Trump Model Management is a New York City-based modeling agency owned by Donald Trump. Originally known as "T Models", it was founded by Trump in 1999.
In October 2014, Trump Model Management was sued by model Alexia Palmer. Palmer alleged that 80% of her wages were taken away from her as "expenses" and that she had been paid less than $4000 over a two year period. The lawsuit was dismissed in March 2016.
In July 2015, it was reported that Trump Model Management and Trump Management Group LLC combined had requested US visas for almost 250 international fashion models.
In August 2016, former Trump models alleged that they had worked for the agency without the company having obtained proper work visas on their behalf.
In September 2016, Senator Barbara Boxer called on United States Citizenship and Immigration Services to investigate the allegations.
In April 2017, it was announced that the agency would be closed down. In July 2017 a pending investigation of Trump Model Management by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman was leaked to the public.
Trump Model Management logo new.png
Represented models (past and present)
- ^ Kranish, Michael; Fisher, Marc (Aug 23, 2016). Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781508226758.
His new agency, originally conceived as Trump Models Inc., ended up with the name T Models...
- ^ Editors of TIME (Jan 15, 2016). TIME The New Revolutionaries: An Inside Look at the Rebels and Reformers Running for the White House. Time Inc. Books. ISBN 9781618934543.
1999: Founded Trump Model Management, extending a brand eventually attached to...
- ^ Cam, Deniz (2016-03-23). "Trump Model Management Lawsuit Dismissed By Federal Judge". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- ^ http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-exclusive-idUSKCN0Q62RQ20150801
- ^ James West (2016-08-30). "Former Models for Donald Trump's Agency Say They Violated Immigration Rules and Worked Illegally". Mother Jones. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- ^ CNN, Deena Zaru. "Former model: Trump agency skirted visa laws". CNN. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- ^ "Donald Trump modeling agency 'encouraged models to work in US illegally'". The Independent. 2016-08-30. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- ^ Nelson, Louis (2016-09-07). "Sen. Boxer calls for probe into Trump Model Management". Politico. Retrieved 2017-07-25.
- ^ http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-embattled-modeling-agency-shut-article-1.3042493
- ^ "Trump's Controversial Modeling Agency Is Shutting Down". Time. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- ^ "Trump Model Management Investigated For Violating Teenagers, Immigration Laws and Labor Laws". The Watchdog Report. 2017-07-24. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- ^ Melania Knauss, FMD - The Fashion Model Directory
Content from Wikipedia