The Nation (Pakistan)
Last updated on 23 August 2017
The Nation is an English-language daily newspaper based in Lahore, Pakistan since 1986. Rameeza Nizami is the Executive Editor of The Nation. She is the daughter of the renowned Pakistani journalist, the late Majid Nizami (3 April 1928-26 July 2014).
It is published from Lahore, Islamabad, Multan and Karachi by the Nawa-i-Waqt Group, which was founded in 1940 by Hameed Nizami (3 Oct 1915–22 Feb 1962) and edited by him until his death in 1962. Nawa-i-Waqt newspaper was later led by Chief Editor Majid Nizami and his nephew, Editor Arif Nizami. Nawa-i-Waqt Group also publishes the Nawa-i-Waqt, an Urdu-language daily newspaper, and prints 4 weekly English and Urdu magazines.
Waqt News TV is a popular, Lahore-based, Urdu-language television channel of the Nawa-i-Waqt Group.
- ^ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/events/asia_nuclear_crisis/world_media/111233.stm, 'Pakistan paper sees sanctions as unjust', Comments made about a 1998 newspaper article from The Nation (Pakistan), on BBC News website, Published 12 June 1998, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- ^ http://www.dawn.com/news/1121901, Obituary and profile of Majid Nizami on Dawn newspaper, Published 27 July 2014, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- ^ http://www.humsafar.info/pio_hameed_nizami.php, Profile of Hameed Nizami on humsafar.info website, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- ^ http://waqtnews.tv, Waqt News TV Website, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- http://www.nation.com.pk/ Official Website, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- http://www.nation.com.pk/about-us.html, Description of The Nation (Pakistan) newspaper and its mission, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/, Homepage, Nawa-i-Waqt, an Urdu language daily newspaper, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
- http://waqtnews.tv/, Homepage, Waqt News TV channel of the Nawa-i-Waqt Group, Retrieved 16 Sep 2016
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.