Last updated on 18 October 2017
Sheikhupura (Urdu: شَيخُوپُورہ, Punjabi: شیخاپورا) is an industrial city of "The Rice Valley" of Subcontinent and capital of Sheikhupura District in the province of Punjab about 40 km northwest of Lahore in Pakistan. It is the 16th largest city of Pakistan.
The name of the town and its fort was changed by him to Sheikhupura from earlier Virkgarh, deriving from a nickname of Jahangir, who was known as Sheikhu by his father Akbar the Great. The city is the headquarters of Sheikhupura District. The Major Counties of this city include Ghazi Minara, Dera Dhillon, Adil Town and Others
- Aaqib Javed played as fast bowler for Pakistan cricket team.
- Anjum Saeed played one Olympics for Pakistan hockey team.
- Anzhelika Tahir, Miss Pakistan World 2015, a beauty queen from Pakistan.
- Choudhry Bilal Ahmed, politician
- Jahangir, Fourth Mughal Emperor, ruled from 1605-1627
- Kulwant Singh Virk, author
- Mohammad Asif a right arm medium fast bowler in cricket
- Muhammad Javed Buttar, is a former justice of Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Muhammad Nawaz Bhatti, judge and lawyer
- Nawab Kapur Singh, one of the pivotal figures of the Sikh Confederacy and founder of the Singhpuria Misl.
- Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, player for the Pakistan National Cricket Team
- Rana Tanveer Hussain Federal Minister
- Saeed Anwar played three Olympics for Pakistan hockey team.
- Sheikh Salim Chishti, Sufi saint of the Chishti Order during the Mughal Empire
- Waris Shah, A Great Punjabi Sufi Poet
- Zaka Ullah Bhangoo, Pakistani army aviator
- Zulfiqar Ahmad Dhillon, retired brigadier in the Pakistani army
- Saeed-ul haq Dogar, Pakistani Politician
- Muhammad Siddique Zaildar, The Head ( Zaildar/Sarpanch) of Approximately 10-20 Villages
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.