Rowman & Littlefield
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group is an independent publishing house founded in 1949. Under several imprints, the company offers scholarly books and journals for the academic market, as well as trade books. Rowman & Littlefield is the world's largest publisher in museum studies.
The company also owns the book distributing company National Book Network based in Lanham, Maryland.
The current company took shape when University Press of America acquired Rowman & Littlefield in 1988 and took the Rowman & Littlefield name for the parent company. Since 2013, there is also an affiliated company based in London, UK called Rowman & Littlefield International which is editorially independent and publishes only academic books in Philosophy, Politics & International Relations and Cultural Studies.
- Alban (acquired 2014 from the Alban Institute)
- AltaMira Press (acquired 1999 from SAGE Publications)
- Ardsley House Publishers, Inc.
- Bernan Press (acquired 2008)
- Bonus Books
- Cowley Publications (acquired 2007 from the Society of St. John the Evangelist.)
- Down East Books (acquired 2013)
- Globe Pequot Press (acquired 2014 from Morris Communications)
- Government Institutes (acquired 2004)
- Hamilton Books (founded 2003)
- Ivan R. Dee, Publisher (acquired 1998)
- Jason Aronson (acquired 2003)
- Lexington Books (acquired 1998)
- M Evans & Co (acquired 2007)
- Newbridge Educational Publishing (acquired 2008 from Haights Cross)
- Rowman & Littlefield Education or R&L Education (formerly Technomic Books, acquired 1999)
- Rowman & Littlefield (acquired 1988 by UPA)
- Philip Turner Books (founded 2009)
- Scarecrow Press (acquired 1995 by UPA from Grolier); founded by Ralph R. Shaw
- Taylor Trade (acquired 2001)
- Bridge Works (acquired 2000)
- Cooper Square Press (founded 1961 by Rowman & Littlefield, acquired 1988 by UPA)
- Northland Publishing acquired in 2007
- The Derrydale Press (acquired 1999)
- Madison Books (founded 1985 by UPA)
- M. Evans (acquired 2005)
- Roberts Rinehart (acquired 2000)
- Stackpole Books (acquired 2015)
- Sheed & Ward (founded in the 1920s in London by Frank Sheed and his wife, Maisie Ward, both prominent in the Catholic Action movement; acquired 2002 from the Priests of the Sacred Heart)
- SR Books (acquired 2004 from Scholarly Resources, Inc., of Wilmington, Delaware)
- Sundance Publishing (acquired 2008 from Haights Cross)
- University Press of America (founded 1975)
- The World Today Series (acquired 2011 from Stryker-Post Publications)
- ^ Rowman & Littlefield Buys Alban Institute Book Program
- ^ a b Harry Ransom Center; University of Reading Library. "Firms Out of Business". Retrieved June 8, 2017 – via University of Texas at Austin.
Information about vanished publishing concerns, literary agencies, and similar firms
- ^ Rosen, Judith (January 10, 2007). "Rowman & Littlefield Buys Cowley List". Publishers Weekly.
- ^ "Rowman & Littlefield Buys Down East Book Assets". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- ^ "Rowman & Littlefield Acquires Globe Pequot Press". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- ^ "Rowman & Littlefield Acquires Gooseberry Patch". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2016-08-02.
- ^ "M Evans & Co". Jacket Flap. Bel Air, Los Angeles: Inceptor Inc. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- ^ "Grolier Inc facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about Grolier Inc". Retrieved 2018-04-29.
- ^ Reporter, J. FERGUSONSun Staff. "Flagstaff publisher ready to turn page". Arizona Daily Sun. Retrieved 2018-04-20.
- ^ "News Briefs". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- ^ "PW: Roberts Rinehart Assets Sold To Court Wayne Press". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- ^ "Rowman &Littlefield Makes Four Buys". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- ^ Rowman & Littlefield Buys Stackpole Books
- ^ "Rowman & Littlefield Buys Sheed & Ward". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.