Rio Maior (Portuguese pronunciation: [ˈʁiu mɐˈjɔɾ]) is a municipality in the Santarém District in Portugal. The population in 2011 was 21,192, in an area of 272.76 km².
The present mayor is Isaura Morais of the Social Democratic Party (PSD), the first woman to be elected mayor in the municipality. The municipal holiday is November 6.
Administratively, the municipality is divided into ten civil parishes (freguesias):
- Azambujeira e Malaqueijo
- Marmeleira e Assentiz
- Outeiro da Cortiçada e Arruda dos Pisões
- Rio Maior
- São João da Ribeira e Ribeira de São João
- São Sebastião
- ^ Instituto Nacional de Estatística
- ^ Direção-Geral do Território Archived 2014-09-29 at Archive.is
- ^ "Law nr. 11-A/2013, pages 552, 103-104" (pdf). Diário da República (in Portuguese). Retrieved 29 July 2014.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.