Protected areas of Russia
Protected areas of Russia, (official Russian title: Russian: Особо охраняемые природные территории, literally "Specially Protected Natural Areas"), is governed by the corresponding 1995 law of the Russian Federation. 
The law establishes the following categories of protected areas:
- State nature zapovedniks, including Biosphere reserves (biosphere zapovedniks)
- National Parks
- Nature parks
- State nature zakazniks
- Natural Monuments
- Dendrological parks and botanical gardens
- Health recuperation areas and health resorts
Other areas that are protected in Russia include:
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- city and regional parks.
- Ramsar sites — wetlands of international significance.
- Russian Cultural heritage monuments.
- Historic buildings and gardens — e.g.: Imperial Russian palaces and their landscape parks.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.