Protected areas of Russia
Last updated on 9 April 2015
Protected areas of Russia, (official Russian title: Russian: Особо охраняемые природные территории, literally "Specially Protected Natural Areas"), is governed by the corresponding 1995 law of the Russian Federation. 
The law establishes the following categories of protected areas:
- State nature zapovedniks, including Biosphere reserves (biosphere zapovedniks)
- National Parks
- Nature parks
- State nature zakazniks
- Natural Monuments
- Dendrological parks and botanical gardens
- Health recuperation areas and health resorts
Other areas that are protected in Russia include:
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- city and regional parks.
- Ramsar sites — wetlands of international significance.
- Russian Cultural heritage monuments.
- Historic buildings and gardens — e.g.: Imperial Russian palaces and their landscape parks.
Content from Wikipedia