PBS Digital Studios
This page was last edited on 18 December 2017, at 07:39.
PBS Digital Studios is a YouTube channel and network through which PBS distributes original educational web video content. It comprises both original series and partnerships with existing YouTube channels. Most of the series are about science, pop culture, art, food, news, and music, though the channel originally launched with a series of video remixes based on PBS icons such as Mr. Rogers.
PBS Digital Studios was founded by Jason Seiken in June 2012. They had their first viral hit with a "remix" of autotuned vocals from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood titled "Garden of Your Mind."
The PBS Digital Studios network has received more than 500 million views and has over 7 million subscribers. Popular series found on their channels include Crash Course, Blank on Blank, It’s Okay To Be Smart, and the multiple Webby Award-winning PBS Idea Channel. Each month, the shows average more than 5 million streams.
Its first scripted series, Frankenstein, MD, launched on August 19, 2014 and ran until October 31, 2014.
In 2015, PBS Digital Studios partnered with the Green brothers' series Crash Course, commissioning three courses in astronomy, U.S. government, and philosophy.  Crash Course Astronomy launched January 15, 2015, Crash Course U.S. Government & Politics launched January 23, 2015, and Crash Course Philosophy launched February 8, 2016.
In addition to commissioning series, PBS Digital Studios have partnered with existing YouTube channels. They partnered with BrainCraft in June, 2014 and Physics Girl in August, 2015.
- Crash Course
- First Person
- PBS Space Time
- PBS Infinite Series
- Everything But the News
- PBS Idea Channel
- Songs For Unusual Creatures
- It's Okay to be Smart
- Blank on Blank
- PBS Game/Show
- The Art Assignment
- Unusual Spaces
- Shanks FX
- Full-Time Kid
- Coma Niddy
- Modern Comedian
- Bon Appétempt
- Gross Science
- Physics Girl
- Deep Look
- PBS Eons
- ^ Looking Back On A Year Of PBS Digital Studios, July 18, 2013.
- ^ First scripted series from PBS Digital Studios updates Frankenstein for modern age, July 25, 2014.
- ^ PBS Digital Studios to Premiere First Scripted Series 'Frankenstein, M.D.' on Tuesday, August 19, July 23, 2014.
- ^ PBS Launching 4 New Digital Original Series, May 5, 2014.
- ^ http://www.thevideoink.com/news/vlogbrothers-bring-crash-course-pbs-digital-studios-classrooms-nationwide/#.VIngM2TF_Xc
- ^ "Big news! BrainCraft joins PBS Digital Studios". braincraft.tv. Retrieved 2015-11-18.
- ^ "Dianna Cowern's 'Physics Girl' Joins PBS Digital Studios". Tubefilter. Retrieved 2015-11-18.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.