Last updated on 9 July 2017
Jianchang (Chinese: 建昌; pinyin: Jiànchāng) is a county of Huludao City in the southwest of Liaoning province, China. It is the largest division of Huludao, with an area of 3,195 square kilometres (1,234 sq mi), and population of 600,000, located in mountainous terrain 85 kilometres (53 mi) west of that city, serviced by China National Highway 306.
Near the border with Hebei province lies the Jianchang Longtan Grand Canyon, home to wide variety of plants and animals. In 2009 a Troodontid dinosaur fossil with feathers was discovered in Jianchang. It is the earliest known such fossil and provides evidence for the link between dinosaurs and birds. Also found here, in Jiufotang Formation rocks, was the early modern bird Schizooura.
There are 7 towns, 21 townships, and 1 ethnic township in the county.
- Jianchang (建昌镇)
- Bajiazi (八家子镇)
- Lamadong (喇嘛洞镇)
- Yaowangmiao (药王庙镇)
- Tangshenmiao (汤神庙镇)
- Linglongta (玲珑塔镇)
- Datun (大屯镇)
- Maoniuyingzi Township (牦牛营子乡)
- Yaolugou Township (要路沟乡)
- Shifo Township (石佛乡)
- Suozhuyingzi Township (素珠营子乡)
- Xijianchang Township (西碱厂乡)
- Shihuiyaozi Township (石灰窑子乡)
- Wangbaoyingzi Township (王宝营子乡)
- Weijialing Township (魏家岭乡)
- Laodazhangzi Township (老大杖子乡)
- Toudaoyingzi Township (头道营子乡)
- Xinkailing Township (新开岭乡)
- Hezhangzi Township (贺杖子乡)
- Yangmadianzi Township (养马甸子乡)
- Heshangfangzi Township (和尚房子乡)
- Yangshuwanzi Township (杨树湾子乡)
- Heishanke Township (黑山科乡)
- Leijiadian Township (雷家店乡)
- Bashihan Township (巴什罕乡)
- Xiaodeyingzi Township (小德营子乡)
- Niangniangmiao Township (娘娘庙乡)
- Guzhangzi Township (谷杖子乡)
- Erdaowanzi Mongol Ethnic Township (二道弯子蒙古族乡)
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.