Into the Void (Black Sabbath song)
"Into the Void" is a song by Black Sabbath, released in 1971 on their album, Master of Reality. An early version of "Into the Void" called "Spanish Sid" was released on the deluxe edition of Master of Reality. It is written in the key of C# minor.
Various artists have covered the song, including Soundgarden, Kyuss, Monster Magnet, Melvins, Sleep, Dr. Know, Cavity, Exhorder, Lumsk, Dimmi Argus and Orange Goblin.
In Soundgarden's version, the original lyrics are replaced by words of protest by Chief Seattle, which fit the metre of the song. At the 1993 Grammy Awards, the appropriately renamed "Into the Void (Sealth)" received a nomination for Best Metal Performance.
"Into the Void" has been listed as a favourite song by some of heavy metal's most notable performers. James Hetfield from Metallica lists "Into the Void" as his favourite Black Sabbath track. Eddie Van Halen has listed the song's main riff as one of his all-time favourites.
- ^ "Review: DIMMI ARGUS "Bad Dream" (2013)". MetalShock Finland. Retrieved 2014-12-12.
- ^ "Encyclopaedia Metallum: DIMMI ARGUS "Bad Dream" (2013)". Metal Archives. Retrieved 2014-12-12.
- ^ "Soundgarden". Guitar for the Practicing Musician. December 1992.
- ^ "35th Grammy Awards - 1993". Rockonthenet.com. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- ^ Hetfield, James (March 2010). "30 on 30". Guitar World. Vol. 31 (No. 3).
- ^ Payne, Chris (November 12, 2015). "Watch Eddie Van Halen Pick His All-Time Favorite Guitar Riffs". Billboard.com. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.