I'll Take Care of You (Mark Lanegan album)
This page was last edited on 8 March 2017, at 03:50.
I'll Take Care of You is the fourth solo album by former Screaming Trees vocalist Mark Lanegan. This album consists of cover songs.
It features Lanegan's interpretation of songs from a wide variety of songwriters, including Tim Rose, Tim Hardin, Booker T. Jones, and Buck Owens.
I'll Take Care Of You also includes the traditional song "Little Sadie."
A review from NME said: "it's probably his finest, most tenderly-delivered work to date."
Pitchfork Medias Neil Lieberman said this about the album: "in this collection, Lanegan's managed to tug on the timeless threads that hold the patchwork of American music together. And that's certainly something to consider."
The title song was featured in an episode of Veronica Mars's third season entitled "There's Got To Be A Morning After Pill".
- "Carry Home" - 3:00 (Jeffrey Lee Pierce)
- "I'll Take Care of You" - 2:50 (Brook Benton)
- "Shiloh Town" - 3:22 (Tim Hardin)
- "Creeping Coastline of Lights" - 3:20 (Leaving Trains)
- "Badi-Da" (Fred Neil) - 3:21
- "Consider Me" - 3:49 (Eddie Floyd, Booker T. Jones)
- "On Jesus' Program" - 2:45 (Overton Vertis Wright)
- "Little Sadie" - 3:23 (Traditional)
- "Together Again" - 2:34 (Buck Owens)
- "Shanty Man's Life" - 3:12 (Stephen Harrison Paulus)
- "Boogie Boogie" - 2:04 (Tim Rose)
- Mark Lanegan - Vocals
- Mike Johnson - Guitar
- Steve Berlin - Organ, flute, piano
- Mark Boquist - Drums
- Greg Calbi - Mastering
- Van Conner - Bass
- Brett Eliason - Engineer
- Martin Feveyear - Organ, percussion, piano, producer, engineer, mixing, wurlitzer
- Mark Hoyt - Guitar (acoustic), guitar (electric), vocals
- Jeff Kleinsmith - Layout design
- David Krueger - Violin
- Barrett Martin - Percussion, vibraphone
- Mark Pickerel - Drums
- Ben Shepherd - Bass
- Chris Takino - A&R
- Stanford Wilson - Photography
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.