This page was last edited on 12 December 2017, at 05:37.
Georgina Rose Chapman (born 14 April 1976) is an English fashion designer and actress. Together with Keren Craig, she is a co-founder of the fashion label Marchesa.
Chapman in September 2008
||Georgina Rose Chapman
14 April 1976
||Marlborough College and Wimbledon School of Art and Chelsea College of Art and Design
||Harvey Weinstein (m. 2007; sep. 2017)
Life and career
Chapman was born in London, England, the daughter of Caroline Wonfor, a journalist, and Brian Chapman, a co-owner of the coffee company Percol. Chapman grew up in Richmond, southwest London. Chapman attended Marlborough College in Wiltshire.
In her 20s, Chapman modelled in an advertisement for Head & Shoulders, a dandruff shampoo, and one for throat lozenges Soothers.
Chapman met future business partner Keren Craig while they were students at Chelsea College of Art and Design. Chapman graduated from Wimbledon School of Art in 2001 and began her career as a costume designer. After graduation, Chapman appeared in various television shows and films.
In 2004, she and Craig launched Marchesa, named after socialite Marchesa Luisa Casati. Investors include Giuseppe Cipriani and Steve Witkoff. In 2006, the label was named one of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund's top 10 finalists.
According to the 2015 Sunday Times Rich List, Chapman has a net worth of £15 million.
Since 2012, Chapman has been a judge on the first five seasons of Project Runway: All Stars.
Chapman started dating film producer Harvey Weinstein in December 2004 after he left his first wife. They married on 15 December 2007 in Connecticut, US. The couple split their time between a West Village townhouse, a seafront home in Westport, Connecticut, and a mansion in Los Angeles. Chapman gave birth to the couple's first child, daughter India Pearl, on 30 August 2010. On 11 April 2013, they had a son, Dashiell Max Robert. On 10 October 2017, Chapman announced she was leaving Weinstein after numerous reports by actresses of alleged sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Project Runway: All Stars (2012–present) as herself, judge
- Gossip Girl (2009) as herself
- Awake (2007) as Penny Carver Elliot
- The Nanny Diaries (2007) as TriBeCa fashionista
- Don't – Fake Trailer in between Planet Terror and Death Proof in Grindhouse (2007)
- Factory Girl (2006) as interviewer
- Project Catwalk (2006) TV Series as herself, guest panellist on season 1, episode 9
- Derailed (2005/I) as Candy
- The Business (2005)as Carly
- Match Point (2005) as Nola co-worker
- Danny the Dog (2005) as floozy 1
- Zemanovaload (2005) as Jenna
- Rosemary & Thyme as Celia Llewellyn (1 episode, 2004)
- The Italian Rapscallion (2004) as Celia Llewellyn
- Bride & Prejudice (2004) as Anne
- A Soldier's Tunic (2004) as Katherine Cranborn
- Piccadilly Jim (2004) as Connie 1
- Shanghai Knights (2003) as debutante
- Sons & Lovers (2003) (TV) as Louie
- Jeffrey Archer: The Truth (2002) (TV) as secretary
- Desire (2001) as Eve
- ^ "DueDil". Duedil.com. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- ^ "Georgina Chapman – Vogue.it". Vogue. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- ^ Malle, Chloe (6 May 2011). "Fashion Designers Recall Their Mothers' Style". The New York Times.
- ^ Victoria Lambert (29 March 2014). "Why everyone wants a Marlborough missus". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
And it hasn't just produced "better halves" for politicians – its reach of influence stretches across the internet, fashion, the BBC and Hollywood, through old girls Amanda Rosenberg (dating Google founder Sergey Brin); Amanda Harlech (former wife of Lord Harlech, and muse to Karl Lagerfeld); Elizabeth Ann Clough (long-term partner of Jeremy Paxman); and Georgina Chapman, "wife of" Oscar-winning producer Harvey Weinstein.
- ^ "Georgina Chapman". Fashion Elite. 2016-09-21. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- ^ a b "Marchesa". Marchesa.com. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- ^ Fashion Mini: February 2008
- ^ "Marchesa Designer Profile". New York. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- ^ "Georgina Chapman Net Worth According to the Sunday Times". Richestlifestyle.com. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
- ^ Seidman, Robert (29 November 2011). "'Project Runway All Stars' to Premiere Thursday, January 5 on Lifetime". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- ^ "Harvey Weinstein, Georgina Chapman Welcome Daughter India Pearl". People. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- ^ "Weinstein, Chapman blessed with another girl". New York Post. 31 August 2010. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- ^ "Harvey Weinstein: Why I'm Happy to Finally Have a Son". People. 23 April 2013.
- ^ Saperstein, Pat (10 October 2017). "Harvey Weinstein's Wife Georgina Chapman Divorcing Him". Variety. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- ^ Green, Mary; Gugleimi, Jodi (10 October 2017). "Harvey Weinstein's Wife Georgina Chapman Is Leaving Him: 'My Heart Breaks for All the Women Who Have Suffered'". People. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- ^ Chan, Stephanie (10 October 2017). "Harvey Weinstein's Wife Georgina Chapman Says She Is Leaving Him". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.