This page was last edited on 2 April 2018, at 17:18.
Delta Arae, Latinized from δ Arae, is the Bayer designation for a double star in the southern constellation Ara. It has an apparent visual magnitude of 3.62 and is visible to the naked eye. Based upon an annual parallax of 16.48 mas, it is about 198 light-years (61 parsecs) distant from the Earth.
Delta Arae is massive B-type main sequence star with a stellar classification of B8 Vn. The 'n' suffix indicates the absorption lines are spread out broadly because the star is spinning rapidly. It has a projected rotational velocity of 255 km/s, resulting in an equatorial bulge with a radius 13% larger than the polar radius. It has a magnitude 9.5 companion G-type main sequence star that may form a binary star system with Delta Arae.
There is a 12th magnitude optical companion located 47.4 arcseconds away along a position angle of 313°.
Delta Arae was known as 龜三 (meaning: "the 3rd (star) of Guī") in traditional Chinese astronomy.
Allen erroneously called it with ζ Arae as Tseen Yin (天陰). He probably confused constellation "Ara" with "Ari". Tseen Yin was lain in Aries.
- ^ a b c d e f van Leeuwen, F. (November 2007), "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 474 (2): 653–664, arXiv:0708.1752 , Bibcode:2007A&A...474..653V, doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357.
- ^ a b c d Nicolet, B. (1978), "Photoelectric photometric Catalogue of homogeneous measurements in the UBV System", Astronomy and Astrophysics Supplement Series, 34: 1–49, Bibcode:1978A&AS...34....1N.
- ^ a b Houk, Nancy (1979), "Michigan catalogue of two-dimensional spectral types for the HD stars", Ann Arbor : Dept. of Astronomy, Ann Arbor, Michigan: Dept. of Astronomy, University of Michigan, 1, Bibcode:1978mcts.book.....H.
- ^ a b c van Belle, Gerard T., Gerard T. (March 2012), "Interferometric observations of rapidly rotating stars", The Astronomy and Astrophysics Review, 20 (1): 51, arXiv:1204.2572 , Bibcode:2012A&ARv..20...51V, doi:10.1007/s00159-012-0051-2.
- ^ Evans, D. S. (June 20–24, 1966), "The Revision of the General Catalogue of Radial Velocities", in Batten, Alan Henry; Heard, John Frederick, Determination of Radial Velocities and their Applications, Proceedings from IAU Symposium no. 30, 30, University of Toronto: International Astronomical Union, p. 57, Bibcode:1967IAUS...30...57E.
- ^ a b Anderson, E.; Francis, Ch. (2012), "XHIP: An extended hipparcos compilation", Astronomy Letters, 38 (5): 331, arXiv:1108.4971 , Bibcode:2012AstL...38..331A, doi:10.1134/S1063773712050015.
- ^ a b Shaya, Ed J.; Olling, Rob P. (January 2011), "Very Wide Binaries and Other Comoving Stellar Companions: A Bayesian Analysis of the Hipparcos Catalogue", The Astrophysical Journal Supplement, 192 (1): 2, arXiv:1007.0425 , Bibcode:2011ApJS..192....2S, doi:10.1088/0067-0049/192/1/2.
- ^ a b c Fitzpatrick, E. L.; Massa, D. (March 2005), "Determining the Physical Properties of the B Stars. II. Calibration of Synthetic Photometry", The Astronomical Journal, 129 (3): 1642–1662, arXiv:astro-ph/0412542 , Bibcode:2005AJ....129.1642F, doi:10.1086/427855.
- ^ a b Ehrenreich, D.; et al. (November 2010), "Deep infrared imaging of close companions to austral A- and F-type stars", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 523: A73, arXiv:1007.0002 , Bibcode:2010A&A...523A..73E, doi:10.1051/0004-6361/201014763.
- ^ "del Ara". SIMBAD. Centre de données astronomiques de Strasbourg. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- ^ a b Chevalier, S., and Tsuchihashi, P., (1911): "Catalogue d'Étoiles fixes, observés a Pekin sous l'Empereur Kien Long (Qianlong (Chien-Lung)), XVIIIe siecle", Annales de l'Observatoire Astronomique de Zô-Sé.
- ^ a b 伊世同 (Yi Shi Tong) (1981): 『中西対照恒星図表』科学出版社.(in Chinese)
- ^ Allen, R. H., (1963). Star Names: Their Lore and Meaning (Reprint ed.). New York, NY: Dover Publications Inc. p. 64. ISBN 0-486-21079-0.
- 大崎正次 (1987): 「中国の星座・星名の同定一覧表」『中国の星座の歴史』 雄山閣出版, pp. 312, 328.(in Japanese)
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.