Adelaide, South Australia
|Population||1,570 (2006 census)|
|Location||6 km (4 mi) from Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||City of Burnside|
In 1839, a pastoralist William Rogers, settled in the area and named his land Tusmore after his birthplace in Oxfordshire, England. In 1911 the area roughly corresponding to modern-day Tusmore, known as Section 291, was owned by the Colonial Board of Advice of the South Australian Company. In that year the Board subdivided the land, and several streets in Tusmore are named after board members from that time: Bakewell, Barr-Smith, Brandreth, Fisher, Kennaway and Stirling.
A recreational park, Tusmore Park, has a public children's swimming pool, oval, five tennis courts, a children's playground, seating areas and electric barbecues. The park is split through the middle by First Creek and has a Scout hall which is situated on the opposite side of the creek to the pool. It is popular for social gatherings in the warmer months, especially on Sundays.
Places of interest include the modern Burnside Library and the Tusmore Memorial Church (Uniting).