Trois-Rivières (French pronunciation: [tʁwɑ.ʁi.vjɛʁ], local pronunciation: [tʁwɔ.ʁi.vjaɛ̯ʁ] (listen)) is a city in the Mauricie administrative region of Quebec, Canada, at the confluence of the Saint-Maurice and Saint Lawrence rivers, on the north shore of the Saint Lawrence River across from the city of Bécancour. It is part of the densely populated Quebec City–Windsor Corridor and is approximately halfway between Montreal and Quebec City. Trois-Rivières is the economic and cultural hub of the Mauricie region. The settlement was founded by French colonists on July 4, 1634, as the second permanent settlement in New France, after Quebec City in 1608.
The city's name, which is French for three rivers, is named for the fact the Saint-Maurice River has three mouths at the Saint Lawrence River; it is divided by two islands in the river. Historically, in the English language this city was known as Three Rivers. Since the late 20th century, when there has been more recognition of Quebec and French speakers, and French was made an official language, the city is generally referred to as Trois-Rivières in both English and French. The anglicized name still appears in many areas of the town (e.g., the city's Three Rivers Academy), bearing witness to the influence of English settlers in the town. The city's inhabitants are known as Trifluviens (Trifluvians).
Trois-Rivières is also the name of a territory equivalent to a regional county municipality (TE) of Quebec, coextensive with the city of Trois-Rivières. Its geographical code is 371. Together with the regional county municipality of Les Chenaux, it forms the census division (CD) of Francheville (37). The municipalities within Les Chenaux and the former municipalities that were amalgamated into Trois-Rivières formerly constituted the regional county municipality of Francheville. Trois-Rivières is the seat of the judicial district of the same name. The Trois-Rivières metropolitan area also includes the city of Bécancour, which is situated on the south shore of the St. Lawrence River across the Laviolette Bridge.
|Ville de Trois-Rivières|
From top left: Downtown seen from the St. Lawrence River, monument to Sacré-Coeur, Trois-Rivières Cathedral, Laviolette Bridge, Pacifique Du Plessis door, Ursulines monastery
Coat of arms
Deus nobiscum quis contra
("If God is with us, who can be against us")
Trois-Rivières metropolitan area
Location of Trois-Rivières in the province of Quebec
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Founded||July 4, 1634 by Laviolette|
|Incorporated||June 10, 1857|
|Constituted||January 1, 2002|
|• Type||Trois-Rivières City Council|
|• Mayor||Yves Lévesque|
|• Federal riding||Berthier—Maskinongé and Trois-Rivières|
|• Prov. riding||Champlain and Maskinongé and Trois-Rivières|
|• City||333.70 km2 (128.84 sq mi)|
|• Land||288.90 km2 (111.54 sq mi)|
|• Urban||177.25 km2 (68.44 sq mi)|
|• Metro||1,041.15 km2 (401.99 sq mi)|
|Elevation||61 m (200 ft)|
|• Density||1,581.2/km2 (4,095/sq mi)|
|• Urban density||713.5/km2 (1,848/sq mi)|
|• Metro density||145.8/km2 (378/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||4.0%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
The name of Trois-Rivières, which dates from the end of the 16th century, was used by French explorers in reference to the three channels in the Saint-Maurice River formed at its mouth with the Saint Lawrence, as it is divided by two islands, Potherie and Saint-Quentin island. The city occupies a location known to the French since 1535, when Jacques Cartier, in a trip along the St. Lawrence, stopped to plant a cross on Saint-Quentin island. But the Three Rivers name is used for the first time in 1599 by Sieur François Gravé Du Pont, a geographer under Champlain, whose records confirmed the name in 1603. As Sieur Gravé Du Pont sailed upriver toward Montreal, he saw what appeared to be three separate tributaries. He did not know two large islands divide the course of the Saint-Maurice River in three parts where the latter flows into the St. Lawrence River.
For thousands of years, the area that would later become known as Trois-Rivières was frequented by Indigenous peoples. The historic Algonquin and Abenaki peoples used it as a summer stopping place. They would fish and hunt here, as well as gather roots and nuts. The area was rich in resources. The French explorer Jacques Cartier described the site while on his second journey to the New World in 1535. The name "Trois-Rivières", however, was not given until 1599, by Captain Dupont-Gravé, and first appeared on maps of the area dated 1601.
In 1603, while surveying the Saint-Lawrence River, Samuel de Champlain recommended establishing a permanent settlement in the area. Such a village was started on July 4, 1634, by the Sieur de Laviolette. Additional inhabitants of the early city of Trois-Rivières include: Quentin Moral, Sieur de St. Quentin; Pierre Boucher, Jacques Le Neuf, Jean Godefroy de Lintot, Michel Le Neuf du Hérisson, François Hertel, François Marguerie, René Robineau, and Jean Sauvaget. The city was the second to be founded in New France (after Quebec City, before Montreal). Given its strategic location, it played an important role in the colony and in the fur trade with First Nations peoples. The settlement became the seat of a regional government in 1665. Ursuline nuns first arrived at the settlement in 1697, where they founded the first school and helped local missionaries to Christianize the local Aboriginals and developing class of Métis.
French sovereignty in Trois-Rivières continued until 1760, when the city was captured as part of the British conquest of Canada during the Seven Years' War. Sixteen years later, on June 8, 1776, it was the theatre of the Battle of Trois-Rivières (part of the ill-fated invasion of the province of Quebec by les Bostonnais, Americans from the Boston area) during the American Revolutionary War.
Trois-Rivières continued to grow in importance throughout this period and beyond. In 1792 it was designated as the seat of a judicial district. In 1852, the Roman Catholic church made this the see of the Diocese of Trois-Rivières.
In 1816, Captain A.G. Douglas, a former adjutant at the British military college at Great Marlow, recommended a military college for Catholic and Protestant boys be established at Trois-Rivières. He proposed it operate in a disused government house and he would be superintendent. Douglas' college was intended as a boarding school to educate the young sons of officers, amongst others, in Latin, English language, French Language, History, Geography, Drawing and Mathematics. This preceded the founding of the Royal Military College of Canada in 1876.
In 1908, the greater part of the city of Trois-Rivières was destroyed by a fire; most of the city's original buildings, many dating to the French colonial years, were destroyed. Among the surviving buildings were the Ursuline Monastery and the De Tonnancour Manor. As a result of the destruction, a major redesign and renovation of the city was undertaken, including the widening and renewal of many of the city's roads. Many new businesses and industries became established in the town, attracting additional residents.
During the mid-century, the city became heavily industrialized and lost jobs during the later restructuring. In the 1960s, Trois-Rivières undertook a large-scale project of economic diversification, including founding several cultural institutions and attractions. The Old City of Trois-Rivières was declared an "historic sector" in 1964. The Laviolette Bridge, linking Trois-Rivières to Bécancour and the south shore of the Saint-Lawrence River, was opened officially on December 20, 1967. In 1969, the city founded the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières, known for its chiropractic school, its podiatric medical education, and its programs for primary and secondary school education.
Although historically an important centre of commerce, trade and population, Trois-Rivières has been superseded by the two major cities of Quebec: the metropolis of Montreal and the capital of Quebec City. It remains as one of the principal medium-sized cities of Quebec, along with Saguenay, Sherbrooke, and Gatineau.
The city's main thoroughfare is Boulevard des Forges, an area several blocks long in the heart of the Old Town composed of century-old buildings housing a great variety of cafés, restaurants, clubs, bars, and shops. In the warmer months, the area is regularly closed to vehicular traffic to accommodate various festivals and events, turning the downtown core into a pedestrian mall.
Trois-Rivières is Canada's oldest industrial city, with its first foundry established in 1738. The forge produced iron and cast for 150 years, much of it being shipped to France to be used in French navy ships. The first port facility was built in 1818 near rue Saint-Antoine, and today handles 2.5 million tonnes of cargo annually. The first railway was built in 1879 to support the growing lumber industry.
From the late 1920s until the early 1960s, the city was known as the pulp and paper industry capital of the world. The city once had five mills in operation (Trois-Rivières Ouest, Wayagamack, C.I.P., and St-Maurice Paper). Today, there are three mills left operating (Kruger Trois-Rivières Ouest, Kruger Wayagamack and Cascades Lupel ex-St-Maurice Paper); the closures resulted largely to a decline in newsprint demand and globalization. The closures were not limited to just the pulp and paper industry. Trois-Rivières had an industrial decline in the 1980s and 1990s, when several textile mills were closed after owners moved jobs offshore. Unemployment rose to 14 percent in the 1990s.
Trois-Rivières is attempting an industrial revitalization by establishing technology parks and taking advantage of its central location to both Montreal and Quebec City, its university and port. An example of the new economy is Marmen Incorporated, which manufactures wind turbine towers and employs 1,000 people between its operations in Trois-Rivières and Matane.
The city's other prominent industries include metal transformation, electronics, thermoplastics, and cabinet making. An industrial park adjoining Trois-Rivières Airport serves also as a major centre for the aeronautical industry. Also, the production of food crops is still important to the economy.
The area has a humid continental climate (Köppen Dfb). Winters are long, cold, and snowy: the January high is −7.1 °C (19.2 °F), with lows dropping to −20 °C (−4 °F) on 27 nights per year and to −30 °C (−22 °F) on 2.9 nights. Snowfall averages 259 centimetres (102 in), with reliable snow cover from December to March. Summers are warm, with an average July high of 25.5 °C (77.9 °F), and high temperatures reach 30 °C (86 °F) on 5.5 days per summer. Spring and autumn are short and crisp. Precipitation averages 1,123 millimetres (44.2 in), and is the greatest during summer.
Trois-Rivières hosts the FestiVoix de Trois-Rivières, a 10-day summer music festival which attracts in excess of 300,000 visitors annually. The city also hosts the Festival International de la Poésie – an international poetry festival – as well as the Festival International Danse Encore, and the MetalFest de Trois-Rivières every November. In 2009, Trois-Rivières was designated as the 2009 Cultural Capital of Canada for cities having a population of 125,000 or more.
Trois-Rivières is officially the "Poetry Capital of Quebec". Numerous plaques displaying poetic verses are installed throughout the centre of the city. An International Festival of Poetry is held annually in the first week of October.
Prior to amalgamation in 2001, the new city of Trois-Rivières was divided among six municipalities. The largest visible minority groups in Trois-Rivières are Blacks (2.2%) and Asians (1.4%).
Municipal population, pre-amalgamation (December 14, 2000)
Since its incorporation in 1845, the city has had thirty-six mayors. The mayor presides over the Trois-Rivières City Council.
On January 1, 2002, the former city of Trois-Rivières along with its neighbouring towns of Cap-de-la-Madeleine, Sainte-Marthe-du-Cap, Saint-Louis-de-France, Trois-Rivières-Ouest, and the municipality of Pointe-du-Lac, were combined to form the new city of Trois-Rivières.
Trois-Rivières has an internationally known racetrack named Circuit Trois-Rivières. The track hosts American Le Mans Series, SCCA Pro Racing Trans-Am Series, Star Mazda Series, World RX of Canada and the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series events.
In baseball, Trois-Rivières is represented by the Canadian American Association of Professional Baseball's Trois-Rivières Aigles which play their home games at Stade Stereo+. In ice hockey, Trois-Rivières has had several teams in the Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey, typically with home games at the Colisée de Trois-Rivières. The city is also the site of the only remaining pari-mutuel (wagering) harness racing track in Quebec, Hippodrome de Trois-Rivières, which operates live standardbred racing from May through October. In 2014, the hippodrome has resurrected the Prix d'Été, a once major Canadian race for four-year-old pacers that had been contested in Montreal until 1992.
Local bus service is provided by the Société de transport de Trois-Rivières. The Laviolette Bridge links Trois-Rivières to Bécancour of the Centre-du-Québec administrative region on the south shore of the Saint Lawrence River. The Laviolette Bridge is the only bridge across the Saint Lawrence River between Montreal and Quebec City; therefore it provides an important connection between the north and south shores of the river. Known for its impressive structure, its elegant aesthetics, the bridge has become a major landmark of Trois-Rivières and the Mauricie region. Approximately 40,000 vehicles cross the bridge each day. An airport also serves the city.
On April 8, 2014 during morning commute an SUV fell into a giant pothole in Trois-Rivières caused by heavy rain accumulation. Nobody was injured during the incident.
The city hosts a major ice-free port on the Saint Lawrence River, handling about 300 ships per annum.
Saint-Quentin Island lies at the confluence of the Saint-Maurice River and St. Lawrence River, where the city of Trois-Rivières developed. With the islands Saint-Christophe and De La Poterie, it creates three channels at the mouth of the Saint-Maurice River, where it flows into St. Lawrence River. The island was named in honor of judge Quentin Moral, also said to be a fur trader and one of the first dealers on this island. It is now a centre of popular outdoor activities and relaxation at the hearth of city. The patron saint of the island is Quentin de Rome.
It was first inhabited by an Algonquin tribe who cultivate corn in the bottomlands of the river. On October 7, 1535, Jacques Cartier planted a cross on the island and proclaimed sovereignty of French on this territory. A commemorative wrought iron cross was erected at the site associated with Cartier's claim. The natural environment of Saint-Quentin has remained virtually unchanged. For nearly a century, it was not developed or cultivated.
Since 1930, the island has become more important as a destination for recreation. The island belonged at the time to Quebec Savings and Trust Company Limited and the Canada Power and Paper Corporation. The city bid for the land in 1933, but did not take ownership until November 3, 1947. During World War II, it was the site of a training camp for the Royal Canadian Navy. Services were gradually introduced in 1950.
The park and the beach on the island Saint-Quentin were officially inaugurated on June 24, 1962, in the presence of 5,000 people. There were more than 100 000 visitors that year. Since then, many facilities have been developed on the island, including a marina, a bike path, an interpretative trail, an ice rink, and camping ground. Several happenings and festivals are held annually on the island.
CIGB-FM is a French-language Canadian radio station located in Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
Owned and operated by Bell Media, it broadcasts on 102.3 MHz with an effective radiated power of 5,800 watts (class B) using an omnidirectional antenna.
The station has a contemporary hit radio format and is part of the Énergie network which operates across Quebec. It started operations on August 27, 1979. CIGB-FM became wholly owned and operated by Radiomutuel (predecessor of Astral Media) in 1987, as the company bought the station, which became a sister station to the now-defunct CJTR 1140 AM (also in Trois-Rivières).Circuit Trois-Rivières
The Circuit Trois-Rivières is a street circuit located in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada and has been the home of the annual Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières since 1967. The circuit is located on the Terrain de l'Exposition (fairgrounds) and is unusual in that it passes through Porte Duplessis, the narrow concrete gateway of the grounds at turn 3.Throughout its history the circuit has hosted numerous major North American racing series including the American Le Mans Series, the Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series, the Trans-Am Series, Can-Am, Indy Lights and Formula Atlantic.
The Grand Prix has been headlined by the NASCAR Pinty's Series since 2007, and in 2014 was expanded to two weekends when it was joined by the FIA World Rallycross Championship and its World RX of Canada race.Cloyes-les-Trois-Rivières
Cloyes-les-Trois-Rivières is a commune in the department of Eure-et-Loir, north-central France. The municipality was established on 1 January 2017 by merger of the former communes of Cloyes-sur-le-Loir (the seat), Autheuil, Charray, Douy, La Ferté-Villeneuil, Le Mée, Montigny-le-Gannelon, Romilly-sur-Aigre and Saint-Hilaire-sur-Yerre.Conservatoire de musique du Québec à Trois-Rivières
The Conservatoire de musique du Québec à Trois-Rivières (CMQT) is a music conservatory located in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada.
Most of the school's students come from the Saint-Maurice region of Quebec; many of them from the conservatoire preparatory programs at the school of St-Gabriel du Cap-de-la-Madeleine and the comprehensive school Ste-Ursule de Trois-Rivières. The CMQT was originally located on Laviolette St, but in 1970 the school moved to better facilities in the building of the Centre culturel and the former École Ste-Marie. The conservatoire moved to its present location on Radisson Street in October 1978.Founded by pianist Czeslaw Kaczynski in 1964, the CMQT became an entirely state-subsidized institution by the Quebec government in 1967. The conservatoire is part of a network of 9 conservatories in Quebec, the Conservatoire de musique et d'art dramatique du Québec (CMADQ), and was the third school in the CMADQ network to be established. Kaczynski served as the school's first director until 1970. The current director is Louis Dallaire.Cégep de Trois-Rivières
Cégep de Trois-Rivières is a College of general and vocational education (CEGEP) in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada. It is located at 3500, rue De Courval. It was established in 1968.Florac-Trois-Rivières
Florac-Trois-Rivières (French pronunciation: [flɔʁak tʁwa ʁivjɛʁ]; Occitan: Florac-Tres-Rius) is a commune in the department of Lozère, southern France. The municipality was established on 1 January 2016 by merger of the former communes of Florac and La Salle-Prunet. It is the seat (sous-préfecture) of the arrondissement of Florac.Jean Rioux
Jean Rioux (born June 9, 1953) is an educator, businessman and Quebec politician, currently serving as the Member of Parliament for Saint-Jean as a member of the Liberal Party of Canada. He previously represented Iberville in the Quebec National Assembly from 2003 to 2007 as a Liberal.
He was born in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, the son of Richard Rioux and Janine Vincent, and was educated at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières and the Université Laval. Rioux taught history and economics in Marcellin-Champagnat secondary school in Iberville. He served on the municipal council for Iberville from 1991 to 1995 and was mayor from 1995 to 2001. Rioux was defeated when he ran for reelection in 2007.
Rioux stood as the Liberal Party of Canada's candidate for Saint-Jean in the 2015 federal election, and won.List of governors of Trois-Rivières
This article is a list of governors of Trois-Rivières:
On August 10, 1764, eighteen months after the signing of the Treaty of Paris, the post of Governor of Trois-Rivières was abolished.Robert Aubin
Robert Aubin (born May 26, 1960) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the House of Commons of Canada in the 2011 election. He represents the electoral district of Trois-Rivières as a member of the New Democratic Party.
Born in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Aubin has a diploma in geography from Université Laval and a degree in music and education from the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières.
At the time of his election, he had been a teacher at the Séminaire St-Joseph for nearly 25 years. He has also been a musician.
After the 2015 federal election, Aubin was appointed the NDP critic for International development and La Francophonie in the 42nd Canadian Parliament.Not to be confused with Robert Aubin, a 1998 candidate for the Communist Party of Quebec in the riding of Hochelaga-Maisonneuve.Roman Catholic Diocese of Trois-Rivières
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Trois-Rivières (Latin: Dioecesis Trifluvianensis in Canada) (erected 8 June 1852) is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Québec.Société de transport de Trois-Rivières
Société de transport de Trois-Rivières (STTR) was formed in 2002 to operate transit services, after the merger of the six municipalities that today constitute the City of Trois-Rivières in Quebec, Canada. Previously the Corporation intermunicipale de transport des Forges (CITF) had provided service in the area since 1979. It covers a population of more than 126,000 people with its urban bus routes, school buses and tours, carrying more than 8200 users per day for a total of about 3 million trips a year.Trois-Rivières, Somme
Trois-Rivières is a commune in the Somme department in Hauts-de-France in northern France. It was established on 1 January 2019 by merger of the former communes of Pierrepont-sur-Avre (the seat), Contoire and Hargicourt.Trois-Rivières (electoral district)
Trois-Rivières (formerly known as Three Rivers and Trois-Rivières Métropolitain) is an electoral district in Quebec, Canada that has been represented in the House of Commons of Canada from 1867 to 1892 and from 1935 to the present.
It was created as "Three Rivers" riding by the British North America Act of 1867. The electoral district was abolished in 1892 when it was merged into Three Rivers and St. Maurice riding.
The electoral district's English name changed in 1947 to "Trois-Rivières". The riding's name was changed again in 1972 to "Trois-Rivières Métropolitain". Trois-Rivières Métropolitain was abolished in 1976 when it was redistributed into a new "Trois-Rivières" riding and Champlain riding.
This riding lost territory to Saint-Maurice—Champlain and gained territory from Berthier—Maskinongé during the 2012 electoral redistribution.Trois-Rivières (provincial electoral district)
Trois-Rivières is a provincial electoral district in the Mauricie region of Quebec, Canada that elects members to the National Assembly of Quebec. It includes part of the city of Trois-Rivières, including most of the territory of the city as it existed prior to its 2002 amalgamation and expansion.
It was created for the 1867 election, and an electoral district of that name existed even earlier: see Trois-Rivières (Lower Canada) and Trois-Rivières (Province of Canada).
In the change from the 2001 to the 2011 electoral map, its border with the Maskinongé electoral district was adjusted, resulting in simultaneously gaining and losing different parts of the city of Trois-Rivières.Trois-Rivières Aigles (Can-Am)
The Trois-Rivières Aigles is a Canadian professional baseball team based in Trois-Rivières, Quebec. It is a member of the Canadian-American Association of Professional Baseball, and they play their home games at Stade Fernand-Bédard.
The Aigles are named to honour the previous Trois-Rivières Aigles, which called Stade Fernand-Bédard home from 1971 until 1977 as a member of the Eastern League and an affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds. In addition, a team in the Ligue de Baseball Junior Élite du Québec bore that name, winning the 2007 LBJEQ pennant. The Aigles mascot is Grand Chelem de Aigle, which means Grand Slam the Eagle in French.Trois-Rivières Attak
Trois-Rivières Attak FC is a Canadian former soccer team, that took a sabbatical year from the Canadian Soccer League. They formally served as a reserve and academy team for the USL First Division side Montreal Impact. The club was instant success within the league acquiring titles in all three seasons when it competed in the CSL. In 2010, when Montreal Impact founded their own academy the team ceased operating as a farm team, because of the ended cooperation with Impact, they announced that they would take one-year absence from the Canadian Soccer League in 2010 and return for the 2011 season. The team did not return for the 2011 season.Trois-Rivières City Council
The Trois-Rivières City Council (in French: Conseil municipal de Trois-Rivières) is the governing body for the mayor–council government in the city of Trois-Rivières, in the Mauricie region of Quebec, Canada.Trois-Rivières Draveurs
The Trois-Rivières Draveurs ("Raftmen") were a junior ice hockey team playing in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. They played at the Colisée de Trois-Rivières, in Trois-Rivières, Quebec. The team was originally known as the Trois-Rivières Ducs ("Dukes") and were a founding member of the QMJHL in 1969. They were renamed the Draveurs in 1973.
The Draveurs finished first place in the QMJHL in 1977–78 with 101 points, and again in 1978–79 with 122 points. Those two seasons, Trois-Rivières won consecutive President's Cups. The Draveurs were also league finalists in 1980–81, 1981–82, and [p1991–92, during the final season in Trois-Rivières.
The team moved to Sherbrooke, in 1992, where they were renamed the Sherbrooke Faucons, and later, the Sherbrooke Castors. They moved again in 2003 to become the Lewiston Maineiacs only to fold in 2011.Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
The Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR) (English: University of Quebec at Trois-Rivières), also known as "l'université du peuple", established in 1969 and located in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Canada, is a public university within the Université du Québec network. As of April 2016, the university had 14,500 students in 9 different campuses, including the main one in Trois-Rivières. About 788 of them come from overseas, from 50 countries. The university has given more than 88,000 diplomas since its founding. The Trois-Rivières campus also holds a large library with about 400,000 documents.
|Climate data for Trois-Rivières, 1981−2010 normals, extremes 1920−present[a]|
|Record high °C (°F)||13.0
|Average high °C (°F)||−7.1
|Daily mean °C (°F)||−12.1
|Average low °C (°F)||−17.1
|Record low °C (°F)||−41.1
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||82.9
|Average rainfall mm (inches)||24.5
|Average snowfall cm (inches)||58.5
|Average precipitation days (≥ 0.2 mm)||13.9||11.9||11.1||11.9||14.4||14.4||15.0||12.8||12.8||14.3||14.4||14.2||161.1|
|Average rainy days (≥ 0.2 mm)||2.9||2.6||5.4||10.5||14.4||14.4||15.0||12.8||12.8||14.2||10.4||4.0||119.5|
|Average snowy days (≥ 0.2 cm)||12.3||10.3||7.0||2.7||0.07||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.65||5.6||11.5||50.2|
|Mean monthly sunshine hours||84.5||110.4||157.3||166.9||208.7||220.9||257.9||205.3||158.2||121.3||69.3||62.2||1,823.1|
|Percent possible sunshine||30.1||37.9||42.7||41.1||45.0||46.9||54.1||46.8||41.9||35.8||24.4||23.1||39.1|
|Source: Environment Canada (Sunshine data recorded at Nicolet)|
Adjacent Municipal Subdivisions
|Regional county municipalities|
and equivalent territories
Communities along the Chemin du Roy
Arranged west to east; termini in italics