The Stone Quarry (formerly Cruel and Unusual Films, Inc.), is an American film production company that was established in 2004 by filmmaker Zack Snyder, his wife Deborah Snyder, and their producing partner Wesley Coller.
|The Stone Quarry|
|Film production company|
|Industry||Cinema of the United States|
|Predecessor||Cruel and Unusual Films, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Pasadena, California, United States|
Cruel and Unusual Films, Inc. was founded in 2004 by Zack Snyder, his wife, Deborah, and producing partner Wesley Coller. The company is based at Warner Bros., and is currently located in Pasadena, California. The company signed a two-year production deal with Warner Bros. in 2007, prior to the theatrical release of 300, a film in which Snyder served as director. Snyder and his wife, Deborah, are co-presidents of the company. Coller often serves a producing partner. Snyder launched the company's official website on January 30, 2009, and invited artists to submit versions of the company logo. Its most recent logo includes an animated Catholic schoolgirl named Baby Doll who is the heroine of Snyder’s 2011 film Sucker Punch. Apart from producing feature films, Cruel and Unusual Films has also assisted in the marketing of its films, based on the strong advertising backgrounds of Snyder and his wife, Deborah Snyder. By January 2019, Snyder announced the studio's new title, The Stone Quarry.
To date, Cruel and Unusual has served as an uncredited co-producer for films in which Snyder and his wife served as director and producer respectively. Following its establishment in 2004, the company produced Dawn of the Dead, a remake of George A. Romero's 1978 film of the same name. In 2007, Cruel and Unusual Films produced 300, an adaptation of Frank Miller's graphic novel. In 2009, the company produced Watchmen, an adaptation of the DC Comics limited series of the same name. Cruel and Unusual next produced Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, a computer-animated film based on the series of children's fantasy books Guardians of Ga'Hoole by Kathryn Lasky. Sucker Punch was co-written and directed by Snyder, who also produced the film with his wife Deborah Snyder. The film is the first that credits Cruel and Unusual as a producer. Sucker Punch was released on March 25, 2011.
In 2014 the studio co-produced the sequel to 2007's 300, 300: Rise of an Empire. In 2016 the studio co-produced the sequel to 2013's Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Zack Snyder will also direct a remake of the 1969 film The Illustrated Man. The company will also produce The Last Photograph, a film about a photograph that inspires two men to travel to war-torn Afghanistan. The film will be directed by Zack Snyder and will be produced by Snyder and his wife Deborah Snyder. The studio was supposed to produce Army of the Dead, a sequel to Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake, in which Zack Snyder was supposed to assist in developing the story, while his wife to produce the film, and Joby Harold to write the screenplay. The story centers around a father trying to save his daughter in a zombie-infested Las Vegas. Due to the expensive production value, the production of the movie was cancelled by Warner Bros. In 2017 the studio will co-produce Wonder Woman and Justice League .
In July 2015 it was revealed that Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder will serve as producers and executive producers in the DC Extended Universe. Since 2018, DC Films chairmans Geoff Johns and Walter Hamada will serve as executive producer on the future DC movies set in the DC Extended Universe, along with the Snyders. In September 2017, it was confirmed that Zack Snyder is developing The Fountainhead adaptation, based on the 1943 novel from Ayn Rand.
On January 29, 2019, Snyder announced that he has signed on to helm Army of the Dead, a zombie horror thriller, for Netflix. Snyder will direct and produce with his partner and wife, Deborah Snyder.
|Year||Film||Director||Co-production with||Distributed by||Rotten Tomatoes||Metacritic|
|2004||Dawn of the Dead||Zack Snyder||Strike Entertainment and New Amsterdam Entertainment||Universal Pictures||75%||58/100|
|2007||300||Legendary Pictures, Virtual Studios, Atmosphere Pictures, and Hollywood Gang Productions||Warner Bros. Pictures||60%||51/100|
|2008–2009||Watchmen: Motion Comic||Jake Strider Hughes||Animated short film series based on the DC comic book series Watchmen||Warner Premiere Digital||N/A||N/A|
|2009||Watchmen||Zack Snyder||Legendary Pictures, Lawrence Gordon Productions and DC Entertainment||Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures||64%||56/100|
|2010||Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole||Village Roadshow Pictures and Animal Logic||Warner Bros. Pictures||51%||53/100|
|2011||Sucker Punch||Legendary Pictures||23%||33/100|
|2013||Man of Steel||Legendary Pictures, DC Entertainment and Syncopy||56%||55/100|
|2014||300: Rise of an Empire||Noam Murro||Legendary Pictures, Atmosphere Pictures and Hollywood Gang Productions||44%||48/100|
|2016||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice||Zack Snyder||RatPac Entertainment, Atlas Entertainment and DC Entertainment||27%||44/100|
|2017||Wonder Woman||Patty Jenkins||RatPac Entertainment, Atlas Entertainment and DC Entertainment||93%||76/100|
|Justice League||Zack Snyder||RatPac Entertainment, Atlas Entertainment and DC Entertainment||40%||46/100|
|2018||Aquaman||James Wan||The Safran Company, DC Entertainment and Mad Ghost Productions||65%||55/100|
|2020||Wonder Woman 1984||Patty Jenkins||Atlas Entertainment, Mad Ghost Productions and DC Entertainment||N/A||N/A|
|TBA||Army of the Dead||Zack Snyder||N/A||Netflix||N/A||N/A|
|The Last Photograph||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|The Illustrated Man||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Casa Milà (Catalan pronunciation: [ˈkazə miˈla], Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkasa miˈla]), popularly known as La Pedrera (pronounced [ɫə pəˈðɾeɾə]) or "The stone quarry", a reference to its unconventional rough-hewn appearance, is a modernist building in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It was the last private residence designed by architect Antoni Gaudí and was built between 1906 and 1912.
The building was commissioned in 1906 by Pere Milà and his wife Roser Segimon. At the time, it was controversial because of its undulating stone facade, twisting wrought iron balconies and designed by Josep Maria Jujol. Several structural innovations include a self-supporting stone façade, and a free-plan floor, underground garage and the spectacular terrace on the roof.
In 1984, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. From 2013 is the headquarters of the Fundació Catalunya La Pedrera which manages the visit to the building, exhibitions and other cultural and educative activities at Casa Milà.Chavez Ravine
Chavez Ravine is a shallow L-shaped canyon located in Los Angeles, California, United States, partially in the Elysian Park neighborhood. It sits in a large promontory of hills north of downtown Los Angeles and was known in the 1860s as the "Stone Quarry Hills" which had other smaller ravines such as Sulphur Ravine, Cemetery Ravine, Solano Canyon and Reservoir Ravine. It is next to Dodger Stadium, a baseball venue that opened in 1962. The name Chavez Ravine can be used to mean either the actual ravine itself in a narrow sense or sometimes in a broader sense the entire promontory and surrounding ravines, and (by metonymy) is also used to refer to the stadium. Dodger Stadium was constructed by knocking down the ridge which separated the nearby Sulfur and Cemetery Ravines and filling those two ravines in. Palo Verde Elementary School was buried in the process. Chavez Ravine was named for Julian Chavez, a Los Angeles councilman in the 19th century. Chavez originally purchased the land in the Elysian Park area, which eventually grew to about 315 acres, in 1844. Nearby "Cemetery Ravine" was named after old Calvary, the first cemetery of Los Angeles.Chevroches
Chevroches [ ʃɛvʁɔʃ ] is a commune, a village, in the Nièvre [ njɛvʁ ] department in Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, in central France.
Inhabitants are called Cavarocois [ kavaʁɔkwa ].Divinka
Divinka is a village and municipality in Žilina District in the Žilina Region of northern Slovakia.El Puig
El Puig (Valencian pronunciation: [el ˈputʃ]), officially El Puig de Santa Maria since 2012 (also known as El Puig d'Enesa or El Puig de Cebolla), is a village situated 15 km north of the city of Valencia in the comarca of Horta Nord, Spain. Its name means "hill" in Valencian). The municipality comprises three main areas, the first being the village itself, which is dominated by a monastery, and two large wooded hills next to it, the largest of which has the ruins of a castle fortress at the top. Originally, however, there was another hill named La Pedrera (i.e. the Stone Quarry) which disappeared gradually during the 20th century to make way for the V-21 motorway, with the rock being used to construct one of the jetties at Valencia's port. The second section is the coastal area of 4 km of beach with eight housing developments that are generally only inhabited in the summer; and finally, there is an industrial park located between them.
The village is well connected, with direct access to the V-21 Valencia to Barcelona motorway and a short distance away from the A-7 Valencia bypass. There is also the RENFE C-6 Valencia to Castellón de la Plana local train service from the village every half hour, and an hourly bus service to Valencia via El Puig beach.Garrett Hill, Pennsylvania
Garrett Hill is an unincorporated community in Radnor Township, Pennsylvania approximately 8 miles northwest of Philadelphia. The geographic area is located in the portion of the Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania ZIP code that comprises Rosemont. The community is (roughly) bounded by Lancaster Avenue, Conestoga Road, Garrett Avenue and Lowrys Lane. It is located in the Main Line.
The community is served by its own stop, Garrett Hill station, on the Norristown High Speed Line, formerly the Philadelphia and Western Railway.
Garrett Hill is mainly a residential community, but also includes a small commercial area (near the intersection of Conestoga Road and Garrett Avenue) consisting of a few bars and other small businesses that serve the community and the student population of nearby Villanova University.One of Garrett Hill's traditions is an annual community Fourth of July parade, followed by a free picnic with live music and other entertainment in Clem Macrone Park.
Garrett Hill's housing stock consists largely of 19th-century and early 20th-century buildings, including Victorian single-family homes and twins, and brick rowhouses.Hollybush, Worcestershire
Hollybush is a small village in Worcestershire at the southern end of the Malvern Hills and close to the borders of both Gloucestershire and Herefordshire. There is a small church, All Saints, and village hall but no shop or pub. The post office closed some years back as did the stone quarry. At the time of the 1901 census there was a blacksmith and a number of residents were recorded as being glove makers along with quarrymen, postmen and farm labourers.John Thomas Bell
John Thomas Bell (1878–1965) was, together with his two sons, the founder of Bellway, one of the United Kingdom's largest housebuilding businesses.La Corbière
La Corbière (Jèrriais: La Corbiéthe) is the extreme south-western point of Jersey in St. Brélade. The name means "a place where crows gather", deriving from the word corbîn meaning crow. However, seagulls have long since displaced the crows from their coastal nesting sites.
The rocks and extreme tidal variation around this stretch of Jersey's coast have been treacherous for navigation and La Corbière has been the scene of many shipwrecks, including that of the mail packet "Express" on 20 September 1859.List of windmills in Bouches-du-Rhône
This is a list of windmills in Bouches-du-Rhône, France.
Moulin de Bertoire
The towermill of Bertoire (13410 – Lambesc) mill built of local stone (between 1795 et 1810), with a vaulted ground floor to support the first floor and two rotating wheels and recumbent.
It is located near the sports park, opposite the shopping center "Calypso"
The Association "Conservation patrimoine de Lambesc" has been founded in October 2009, which first project is to add wings to mill and grind wheat; then, the tower will become windmill.
City of Lambesc, proprietary of this windmill since 1981, gave in November 2010, authorization to this project, contracting with Association "Conservation patrimoine de Lambesc". conservationpatrimoinelambesc-hotmail-fr.
Association "Conservation patrimoine de Lambesc" has contracted, in December 2010 with the "fondation du Patrimoine"(heritage foundation in France), to launch a public subscription starting in January 2011.
Page de Soutien au Projet de restauration du Moulin de Bertoire
Since April 2011, work began: disbursement around the windmill, extracting the stone quarry in Lambesc of 40 coping stones followed by the size of the 40 stones in the stone-cutter's workshop), installation of scaffolding, raising of the tower wall to original height, 40 Laying coping stones.Mastabat al-Fir'aun
The Mastabat al-Fir’aun (Arabic: مصطبة الفرعون, also referred to in Egyptological literature as the Mastaba el-Faraun, Mastabat el-Faraun or Mastabat Faraun, and meaning "Bench of the Pharaoh") is the grave monument of the ancient Egyptian king Shepseskaf, the last king of the Fourth Dynasty documented to date. It is located in South Saqqara halfway between the Step Pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara and the pyramids of Sneferu, the founder of the fourth dynasty, at Dahshur. The structure is located close to the pyramid of Pepi II, a ruler of the Sixth Dynasty. The stone quarry for the structure is located west of the Red Pyramid of Sneferu.Rushland, Pennsylvania
Rushland, in the northwestern corner of Wrightstown Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, was originally named for Joseph Sackett who came here in 1730. Called Sackett's Ford from 1750 to about 1800. Joseph Sackett built a grist mill store, and blacksmith shop near the Mill Creek where it joined the Neshaminy Creek. Some authorities claim that the name of the hamlet, first Rush Valley and later Rushland was due to the availability of "scouring rushes" used by early settlers for cleaning pots and pans. On December 29, 1883 a post office was established under the name Rush Valley. In 1894 the name was changed to Rushland. Located along the Mill Creek near Rushland was a settlement started by Italian immigrants who came to the area as laborers when the railroad was being built in the last decade of the nineteenth century. Their community became known as Little Italy. By forcing its way through a rocky cliff, the railroad opened a major industry for Rushland, the stone quarry, an industry that continues to this day. The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad passes through Rushland on the former Reading New Hope Branch and the old depot still stands to day.The Vansant Farmhouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.Sephu Gewog
Sephu Gewog (Dzongkha: སྲས་ཕུག་, also transliterated as Saephoog Gewog is a gewog (village block) of Wangdue Phodrang District, Bhutan.At an altitude ranging from 2600 to 3500 meters above sea level, Saephoog gewog is situated en route to Trongsa, located north eastern part of Wangduephodrang dzongkhag. One can reach Saephoog gewog centre after three hours’ drive from Wangdue dzongkhag by passing the rough highway road, made due to the stone quarry and road widening along the highway. The gewog comprises five chiwogs (Buso-Zeri, Rukubjee, Longtoed, Bumilog and Nakha) with a total of 331 households, and a population of 1505 people. Saephoog consists of an estimated area of 110801.221758 ha, the largest among the other gewogs under Wangdue. The chiwogs are scattered away from each other but the households under individual chiwogs are nucleated.
Saephoog Gewog enjoys a temperate climate with mostly rugged terrain and snow fall during winter. The Gewog has high potential for livestock and has established one milk processing unit one at Rukubjee. Potato cultivation dominates among the agriculture farming activities and most of the production were sold to Punatshangchu project through farmers group.
During the cordyceps season (June) the villagers used to migrate to the highlands for cordyceps collection leaving behind those who can’t afford to walk. The Gewog Administration used to issue three permits per household for the duration of one month. It is one of the main sources of income for Saephoog farmers.
Most of the villages under Saephoog enjoy the basic needs like electricity, rural water supply scheme, farm roads and telecommunication. Total the gewog has connected approximately 45.52 km of farm roads to villages as of now, which made it easier for farmers to transport their products to the nearest market.
Government infrastructure such as schools, RNR and a Basic health unit was also established for service delivery. A Community Centre with facilities such as photocopy, half photo and internet was operational in the year 2013 with one operator, and benefits the farmers in terms of time consumption and transportation expenses.
Out of 7 communities and 2 privately owned lhakhang, The WangdueGoenpa lhakhang has a monastic education centre at present.St. Joseph's Catholic Church (Pocatello, Idaho)
The St. Joseph's Catholic Church at 455 N. Hayes in Pocatello, Idaho was built in 1897. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.It is Pocatello's oldest surviving church and was deemed significant "a rare nineteenth century example" of an Idaho church built of stone; the Trinity Episcopal Church, also in Pocatello and NRHP-listed, is another, built later. Its stone came from the stone quarry at Fort Hall, nearby.Stone Quarry Bridge
The Stone Quarry Bridge is a historic Pratt truss bridge which carries Township Road 1000N across the Embarras River in Coles County, Illinois. The bridge is a double-intersection Pratt truss bridge, a variant of the Pratt truss in which the diagonal supports cross multiple panels; it is the only bridge of its type in the county. It is 180 feet (55 m) long, and its eastern and western portals are 14 feet 10 inches (4.52 m) and 16 feet (4.9 m) high respectively. Built in 1883 by the King Iron Bridge Company, the bridge is the oldest truss bridge in the county as well as the oldest bridge in the county which is still open to traffic.The bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 30, 1981.Stout, Colorado
Stout is a former town in southern Larimer County, Colorado in the United States. The town was located in foothills southwest of Fort Collins, just west of the Dakota Hogback. It was established in the 1860s as a camp for workers at the nearby stone quarries in the area. The Union Pacific Railroad invested in quarrying operation in the valley around the town, and at one time built a spur of their rail line from Fort Collins up to the town in order to transport stone for its own use. During its time of operation, Stout was also as a spot for the residents of the nearby town of Fort Collins to buy libations. Fort Collins had a 70 year old prohibition, preventing them from acquiring alcohol in their own. Due to transportation routes made for the stone quarry, it was easy for residents of Fort Collins to travel to Stout. These trips would end in excessive drunkenness, causing outrage from Fort Collins and Stout city officials, who worried about drunk drivers being a danger on the roads.The town was abandoned in 1949 to make way for the inundation of the valley by Horsetooth Reservoir as part of the Colorado-Big Thompson Project. Some of the former town site is located under the southern end of the reservoir. In recent decades, a small community has developed around the south edge of the reservoir, locally known as "South Bay". A sign at the southern end of the reservoir somewhat whimsically proclaims the area as "Stout, population 47-1/2", although the designation is not official it is used by most residents of Fort Collins.Transport in Jersey
This article details the variety of means of transport in Jersey, Channel Islands.Wonder Woman 1984
Wonder Woman 1984 (also known as WW84) is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. It is intended to be the sequel to 2017's Wonder Woman and the ninth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). It is directed by Patty Jenkins and written by Jenkins, Geoff Johns, and David Callaham, from a story written by Johns and Jenkins. It stars Gal Gadot in the title role, with Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright in supporting roles. It is the fourth live-action theatrical film featuring the titular character, following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Wonder Woman (2017), and Justice League (2017), and will be the second full-length feature film centered around the character.
Discussion of a sequel began shortly after the release of the first film in June 2017, and the decision to proceed was confirmed the following month. Principal photography began on June 13, 2018, with filming taking place at Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden in England, as well as the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia in the United States, London and Duxford in England, Tenerife and Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands, and Almería in Andalusia, Spain, and wrapped on December 22, 2018, after a six-month shoot.
Wonder Woman 1984 is scheduled to be released in the United States by Warner Bros. Pictures in RealD 3D, Dolby Cinema and IMAX 3D on June 5, 2020.Wurmberg (Harz)
At 971 m above sea level (NN) the Wurmberg is the second highest mountain in the Harz and the highest in Lower Saxony (Germany).