Tethydidae is a family of dendronotid nudibranch gastropod mollusks in the superfamily Tritonioidea.
The original spelling (subfamily) is Tethydia. It was placed on the Official List by Opinion 1182 of ICZN (1981: 174), which also ruled that the name should be corrected to Tethydidae (Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005).
This family is within the clade Cladobranchia and has no subfamilies (according to the taxonomy of the Gastropoda by Bouchet & Rocroi, 2005).
There are two genera within the family Tethydidae:
- Genera brought into synonymy
- Chioraera Gould, 1852 accepted as Melibe Rang, 1829
- Fimbria O'Donoghue, 1926: synonym of Tethys Linnaeus, 1767 (invalid: junior homonym of Fimbria Megerle, 1811.)
- Jacunia de Filippi, 1867 accepted as Melibe Rang, 1829
- Melibaea synonym of Melibe Rang, 1829
- Meliboea [sic] : Melibe'' Rang, 1829 (incorrect subsequent spelling [by Forbes, 1838] of Melibe Rang, 1829)
- Propemelibe Allan, 1932 accepted as Melibe Rang, 1829
Species in this family do not possess a radula.
- ^ a b Gosliner T. M. & Smith V. G. (2003). "Systematic review and phylogenetic analysis of the nudibranch genus Melibe (Opistobranchia: Dendronotacea) with descriptions of three new species". Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences 54: 302-355. PDF.
- ^ a b Bouchet, Philippe; Rocroi, Jean-Pierre; Frýda, Jiri; Hausdorf, Bernard; Ponder, Winston; Valdés, Ángel & Warén, Anders (2005). "Classification and nomenclator of gastropod families". Malacologia. Hackenheim, Germany: ConchBooks. 47 (1–2): 1–397. ISBN 3-925919-72-4. ISSN 0076-2997.
- ^ Picton, B.; Bouchet, P. (2017). Tethydidae Rafinesque, 1815. In: MolluscaBase (2017). Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=23125 on 2017-12-20
- ^ Rudman W. B. (14 October 2002) "http://www.seaslugforum.net/factsheet.cfm?base=tethfimb". Sea Slug Forum, accessed 29 December 2010.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.