Tarsus or Tarsos (Ancient Greek: Ταρσός) was a town of ancient Bithynia, on the inland road east of Nicomedia. It is mentioned by Stephanus of Byzantium.
Its site is located near Tarsiye in Asiatic Turkey.
This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Smith, William, ed. (1854–1857). "Tarsus". Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography. London: John Murray.
Coordinates: 40°44′45″N 30°28′46″E / 40.745838°N 30.479425°E
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.