Municipio de Sinaloa
Location of the municipality in Sinaloa
|Seat||Sinaloa de Leyva|
|No. of Sindicaturas||9|
|• Municipal president||Saúl Rubio Valenzuela|
|• Total||6,186.5 km2 (2,388.6 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (Mountain Standard Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-6 (Mountain Daylight Time)|
Sinaloa Municipality is subdivided in 9 sindicaturas:
Agriculture is one of the three main economical activities in this municipality, with cultivation of maize, beans, soy, wheat, sorghum, tomato and sesame representing the main preferences. Cattle farming is another of the three activities, with 6820 registered cattle farmers, as well as 52235 heads of cattle. In a much more reduced quantity, pigs are reared, as well as domestic birds. The industrial aspect of the economy consists of a furniture factory, as well as a hydroelectric plant belonging to CFE.
Angostura is a city and it is seat of its surrounding municipality in the Mexican state of Sinaloa.
It stands at 25°21′55″N 108°09′44″W.
The city of Angostura reported 5,086 inhabitants in the 2010 census.Badiraguato
Badiraguato is a small city and seat of the Badiraguato Municipality in the Mexican state of Sinaloa. It stands at 25°21′47″N 107°33′06″W.
According to 2010 census, the city reported 3,725 inhabitants. It is the birthplace of Joaquín Guzmán Loera, Mexico's most powerful drug lord.Badiraguato is located near the municipality of Culiacán, the Sierra Madre Occidental which cross Badiraguato gives to the municipality temperate forest ecosystems.
Badiraguato also has a varied climate, so it has from hot and arid, to snowy forests in his higher parts, some climates vary
from the hottest (44.5 celsius degrees) to the coldest (9 degrees below zero).Choix
Choix (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtʃoiks]) is a small city in the Mexican state of Sinaloa. It stands at
The city reported 9,305 inhabitants in the 2010 census. It contains the locality Sauzadebaca.Concordia, Sinaloa
Concordia is a city and its surrounding municipality in the Mexican state of Sinaloa. The town is noted for manufacture of artesinal wooden furniture, symbolized by the giant chair in the town plaza. According to 2010 census, it had a population of 8,328 inhabitants.
Founded as Villa de San Sebastián in 1565 by Francisco de Ibarra, Concordia was originally a center of gold, silver and copper mining. The main church, San Sebastián, was built in 1785 with an ornate baroque facade.
Concordia is about an hour's travel southeast of Mazatlán, on the highway to Durango. It stands at 23°17′18″N 106°04′03″W.Cosalá
Cosalá (Spanish pronunciation: [kosa'la] (listen)) is a small city and the seat of its surrounding municipality in the Mexican
state of Sinaloa. It stands at
The city reported 6,577 inhabitants in the 2010 census.Desarrollo Urbano Tres Ríos
Desarrollo Urbano 3 Ríos is the sixth urban sector and the newest central business district in the central area of Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico. The zone is known for city's biggest mall Forum Mall (Mexico).El Fuerte, Sinaloa
El Fuerte (Spanish [el 'fwerte] ) is a city and El Fuerte Municipality its surrounding municipality in the northwestern Mexican state of Sinaloa. The city population reported in the 2010 census were 12,566 people.
El Fuerte, meaning "The Fort", was named a Pueblo Mágico ("Magical Town") in 2009, for it has many attractions and a special, pretty-small-town aura.El Rosario, Sinaloa
El Rosario (Spanish ) is a city and its surrounding municipality in the Mexican state of Sinaloa. It stands at 22°45′00″N 105°22′16″W.
The city reported 16,001 inhabitants in the 2010 census.Escuinapa de Hidalgo
Escuinapa de Hidalgo is a city in Escuinapa Municipality of the same name, located at the extreme southern end of the Mexican state of Sinaloa. Its geographical coordinates are 22°28′0″N 105°26′17″W. At the census of 2005 the city had a population of 28,789 inhabitants (the sixth-largest community in the state), while the municipality reported 49,655 inhabitants. According to the Mexican Government, Escuinapa will have near 500,000 inhabitants in 2025 for the mega touristic center that are building near the town, and will be finished in 2025; with this information we can know Escuinapa de Hidalgo will be the second or third city more important in Sinaloa, also will be between the second and fourth place according population by municipality, maybe over Ahome and behind Mazatlán. The municipality has an area of 1633.22 km² (630.58 sq mi) and includes the towns of Isla del Bosque and Teacapan, in addition to many smaller localities.Guamúchil
Guamúchil (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡwaˈmutʃil]) is a city located in the state of Sinaloa (Northern Mexico). It is 100 km north of Culiacán. The city serves as the municipal seat of the municipality of Salvador Alvarado. In the 2010 census, the city had an official population of 63,743 inhabitants. It is the fifth-largest city in the state in population after Culiacán, Mazatlán, Los Mochis and Guasave, respectively.Guasave
Guasave (Spanish pronunciation: [ɡwaˈsaβe]) is a city which is the seat of the homonymous municipality in the Mexican state of Sinaloa. It is located in the northwestern part of Mexico, southeast of the city of Los Mochis. It stands at 25°34′28″N 108°28′14″W.
In the 2010 census, the city reported a population of 71,196. making it the fourth-largest community in the state, after Culiacán, Mazatlán, and Los Mochis. The municipality has a land area of 3,464.41 km² (1,337.62 sq mi) and includes many other outlying communities, the largest of which are Juan José Ríos, Gabriel Leyva Solano, and Adolfo Ruiz Cortines. Its biggest local celebration, #Guasave1k falls every year on November 12th.Juan José Ríos, Sinaloa
Juan José Ríos (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈxwaŋ xoˈse ˈri.os]) is an agricultural city located in Northern Sinaloa, Mexico. It is divided in two municipalities, where its major part is located in Guasave Municipality, and the rest is in Ahome Municipality. It had a population of 27,938 inhabitants (including city's both parts in Guasave and Ahome Municipalities), according to the 2010 census.La Cruz, Sinaloa
La Cruz is a small city in the Mexican state of Sinaloa. It stands at
The city reported 15,657 inhabitants in the 2010 census.La Cruz, Sinaloa, commonly known in Spanish as La Cruz de Elota, is the municipal seat of Sinaloa's Elota municipality, and is the site of Elota's municipal hall. There are shops and schools, as well as a nearby beach area, better known as Ceuta's Beach, which is located 8 km from La Cruz.
La Cruz is located between Culiacán (the capital of Sinaloa) and Mazatlán (Sinaloa's most important tourist destination and biggest harbor). Culiacán lies to the north at a distance of 120 km (74.5 miles) and Mazatlán to the south with a distance of 100 km (62 miles approximately).Los Mochis
Los Mochis (Spanish pronunciation: [los ˈmotʃis]) is a coastal city in northern Sinaloa, Mexico. It serves as the municipal seat of the municipality of Ahome. As of the 2010 census, the population was 362,613, which was 61 percent of the municipality's population.
Los Mochis is the western terminus of the Chihuahua-Pacific Railroad (El Chepe), which passes through the scenic Copper Canyon. This railway was originally conceived by Albert K. Owen and approved by President Porfirio Díaz as a trade route linking the cattle markets in Kansas City with the nearest port on the Pacific Ocean, Topolobampo.
Today the North Pacific irrigation region (Sinaloa-Sonora) in which the Fort Valley is the largest district and is the principal agricultural area of Sinaloa, containing over 70% of all irrigated land and producing sugar cane, cotton, rice, flowers, and many types of vegetables. The valley is one of the largest producers of mangoes in Mexico. Air transportation is provided by Los Mochis International Airport. Nearby Topolobampo is the second largest natural deepwater port in the world, and is known for its commercial fishing and increasingly important role in shipping.San Ignacio, Sinaloa
San Ignacio or San Ignacio de Piaxtla is a city and seat of the surrounding San Ignacio Municipality in the Mexican state of Sinaloa.
It stands at 23°56′12″N 106°25′39″W.
In this town actress Ofelia Cano was born.
The municipality reported 4,543 inhabitants in the 2010 census.Sinaloa de Leyva
Sinaloa de Leyva (Spanish pronunciation: [sinaˈloa ðe ˈleiβa]) is a town in the Mexican state of Sinaloa.
Its geographical location is 25°36′25″N 107°33′18″W.
The town was founded on 30 April 1583 as Villa de San Felipe y Santiago de Sinaloa by Don Pedro de Montoya. In 1585 the second foundation of the town was carried out by Antonio Ruiz, Bartolomé de Mondragón, Tomás de Soberanes, Juan Martínez del Castillo y Juan Caballero. By 1590, Ruiz was its mayor, and the town was home to nine people who eked out a living, but the situation improved through their discovery of the mines of Chínipas, and the arrival of the Jesuits in 1591. At the end of the sixteenth century, Ruiz wrote an autobiography where he detailed the early history of San Felipe y Santiago, and Sinaloa.
This was the base for Diego de Hurdaide's subjugation of the Sinaloas, Tehuecos, Ahomes and Zuaques and the extension of Spanish control over the Fuerte River valley, and thus to the northern edge of modern Sinaloa.Sinaloa serves as the municipal seat for the surrounding municipality (municipio) of Sinaloa, Sinaloa. The municipality reported 88,282 inhabitants in the 2010 census. It is a former capital of the Mexican state of Sinaloa.Topolobampo
Topolobampo (Spanish pronunciation: [topoloˈβampo]) is a port on the Gulf of California in northwestern Sinaloa, Mexico. It is the fourth-largest town in the municipality of Ahome (after Los Mochis, Ahome, and Higuera de Zaragoza), reporting a 2010 census population of 6,361 inhabitants.
The port connects the northern Mexican states through the Chihuahua-Pacific Railroad, which has a terminus in nearby Los Mochis. It is the eastern port for the daily car ferry connecting to La Paz in Baja California Sur.
Topolobampo is also the beginning of the international trade corridor, "La Entrada al Pacifico", that ends near the Midland-Odessa, Texas area.Villa Unión, Sinaloa
Villa Unión is the second largest town in the municipality of Mazatlán, after the port of Mazatlán. It is located twenty kilometers south of the city on the banks of the Presidio River.