SM Southmall or SM Southmall Las Piñas is a large shopping mall owned and operated by SM Prime Holdings. The mall is located along the busy Alabang-Zapote Road in Las Piñas. The mall has 200,000 m2 (2,200,000 sq ft) of land area, a total floor area of 205,120 m2 (2,207,900 sq ft), and a gross built-up area of 189,676 m2 (2,041,660 sq ft)
SM Southmall opened in April 2, 1995, and is the first SM Supermall in the southern region of Metro Manila and the 5th SM Supermall ever built by Chinese-Filipino businessman, Henry Sy. The mall was the second SM Supermall to feature an Ice Skating Rink after SM Megamall.
In March 2010 SM Southmall began renovations which many stores on the second floor have closed with some stalls on the sides offering small items on sale. During the redevelopment saw a newly refurbished SM Store, which relocated from the center of the mall to the side to accommodate more fashion stores and the addition of the IMAX cinema which was opened last July 14, 2011. The fashion stores opened in December 2011 along with the grand re-launch.
SM Southmall attracts global retailers including Swedish fashion giant H&M which opened on October 29, 2015, and Uniqlo which opened on November 7, 2014.
SM Southmall has over 400 shops and service outlets, with six anchor stores. Among the noteworthy features of the mall are its center and south atriums. The center atrium, which once housed a large indoor fountain, is used for events such as concerts and presentations. At the back of the mall is the "Food Street", a group of restaurants which offers outdoor dining amid plants and an LED-lighted fountain.
South Residences at SM Southmall
The South Residences at SM Southmall is a condominium with four 15-storey towers. It is located at the south parking area near the Pilar Village gate entrance.
SM South Tower
The SM South Tower is a two-tower, eight-storey BPO and carpark building, with parking on its four lower levels and offices above. with a total floor area of 55,092 m2.
- August 2, 2004: Five security guards and bank escorts were wounded when 10 armed men fired shots at them before taking two bags of cash from Banco de Oro.
- April 10, 2012: A woman who leapt to her death at the third railing would have remained unidentified had it not been for a SIM card which the police found in her wallet.
- April 24, 2014: A 17-year-old male died after jumping off the third level, and landed on the lower ground level.
- August 5, 2017: A Pasay City councilor was hurt in a shooting incident at the mall's driveway at around 8:30pm. Senior Superintendent Marion Balonglong, Las Piñas City police chief, identified the injured local official as Borbie Rivera. He was declared dead on arrival at the Asian Hospital and Medical Center in Muntinlupa City.
- ^ "SM Southmall". 360Cities. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- ^ "What's happening to SM Southmall?". Alabang Bulletin. 2010-07-19. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- ^ "H&M SM Southmall Opening Promo: Oct 29 2015". www.manilashopper.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- ^ "Uniqlo SM Southmall Store Opening SALE: Nov 2014". www.manilashopper.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- ^ "A new direction for SM Southmall". Philstar. November 20, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- ^ "South Residences". South Residences.
- ^ "SM Prime builds office tower beside Southmall in Las Piñas".
- ^ "SMIC set to spend P73b for expansion - SM Investments". www.sminvestments.com.
- ^ "2 Southmall bank robbers identified - Philstar.com". philstar.com.
- ^ Melican, Nathaniel R. "Woman jumps to death in Las Piñas mall".
- ^ News, ABS-CBN. "Teen jumps off SM Southmall".
- ^ "Pasay councilor hurt in SM Southmall shooting incident".
- ^ "Pasay councilor shot at SM Southmall declared dead".
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.