The Orlando Hoshuko, Inc. (オーランド日本語補習校 Ōrando Nihongo Hoshūkō) is a weekend supplementary school for Japanese children held at the Lake Highland Preparatory School in Orlando, Florida.
It was established as the Japanese Language School of Orlando in November 1998 and originally held its classes in MetroWest Elementary School. A Japanese businessperson and a Japanese government official had a conversation and had concluded that there should be a supplementary school in the Orlando area; this resulted in the school's establishment. The school was initially intended to serve Japanese persons temporarily living in the United States.
Initially the school had 18 students. It later moved its classes to a church in Kissimmee, Trinity Lutheran Church. As of 2007, there were 88 students, mostly at the elementary and junior high school levels. That year U.S.-born children made up 80% of the weekend school's students. As of 2007 the Japanese government gives the school about 40% of its funds.
- ^ "地図." Orlando Hoshuko. Retrieved on February 16, 2015. "住所：901 Highland Ave. Orlando, FL 32803 "
- ^ a b c d e Persaud, Babita. "Japanese residents in Central Florida strive to keep their children's legacy alive with Japanese culture and language courses at Orlando Hoshuko school" (Archived 2015-02-16 at WebCite). Orlando Sentinel. December 16, 2007. Retrieved on February 16, 2015.
- ^ "北米の補習授業校一覧" (Archive). National Education Center, Japan (国立教育会館). October 29, 2000. Retrieved on April 16, 2015. "オーランド JAPANESE LANGUAGE SCHOOL c/o METRO WEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL,1801 LAKE VILMA ORLANDO FL 32811, U.S.A."
- ^ Mitchell, Teri. "– Japanese supplementary school in Orlando" (Archived 2015-02-16 at WebCite). Asia Trend. Asia Trend Inc. (Winter Park, Florida). October 2006, p. 42. Retrieved on February 16, 2015.
- ^ "北米の補習授業校一覧" (Archive). MEXT. September 15, 2005. Retrieved on April 6, 2015. "オーランド Japanese Language School of Orlando 3016 W. Vine St., Kissimmee, FL34741"
- ^ "Home." Trinity Lutheran Church and School (Kissimmee, Florida). Retrieved on April 8, 2015. "3016 West Vine Street Kissimmee, FL 34741"
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.