Muhammad Zubair Umar
Mohammad Zubair Umar (Urdu: محمد زبیر عمر) is a Pakistani politician currently serving as 32nd Governor of Sindh. A member of the Pakistan Muslim League (N), he served as the Chairman of Privatisation Commission of Pakistan with the status of junior minister from 2013 to 2017.
Early life and education
Umar was born to General (retired) Ghulam Umar. Umar stated that he is from Karachi where he is living since 1971 and belongs to Urdu-speaking community. He is the elder brother of Asad Umar.
He received his master's degree in business administration from Institute of Business Administration (IBA) in 1981. At IBA, he became the member of the Board of Directors in 1980 and taught Financial Management from 1981 to 1986. After completing his MBA, he joined IBM from 1981 until his resignation in 2007.
Prior to joining politics, Umar was hosting TV shows.
After joining PML-N in 2012, he became part of the PML-N's Economic, Tax Reforms Media Committees.
Umar was chairman of the Pakistan Board of Investment from 12 July 2013 to 17 December 2013.
He served as Chairman of Privatisation Commission of Pakistan with the status of minister of state from December 2013 until February 2017.
In January 2017, he was appointed as the 32nd Governor of Sindh. He took oath in February 2017.
- ^ a b "Muhammad Zubair named Sindh governor - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- ^ "Mohammad Zubair to take oath as Sindh governor tomorrow". Pakistan Today. 1 February 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- ^ a b c d e "PML-N's Muhammad Zubair to take charge as governor of Sindh". DAWN.COM. 30 January 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- ^ a b c "Official Website - Sindh Governor House Pakistan". www.governorsindh.gov.pk. Archived from the original on 12 December 2017. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- ^ a b "Mohammad Zubair named new Sindh governor - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 30 January 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- ^ a b "Zubair brings experience of academia and corporate boardroom to Sindh Governor House". DAWN.COM. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- ^ "Chairman's Profile". Privatisation Commission. 30 January 2017. Archived from the original on 30 January 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- ^ "Zubair to be made Sindh Governor; Karachi tops his agenda". The News. 30 January 2017. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- ^ "Zubair Umar appointed Sindh Governor Confirms decision on his appointment". www.thenews.com.pk. 1 February 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- ^ "PML-N's Muhammad Zubair takes oath as 32nd governor of Sindh in Karachi". DAWN.COM. 2 February 2017. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.