Morvi Railway (MR) was a 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge line in the princely state of Morvi in Gujarat.
|Dates of operation||1890–1948|
|Successor||Saurashtra Railway, Western Railway|
|Track gauge||1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in)|
|Previous gauge||762 mm (2 ft 6 in)|
The Morvi Railway was built by the Morvi State. Construction started in 1886 and the line was opened to traffic in 1890 between Wadhwan and Wankaner as a 762 mm (2 ft 6 in) narrow gauge roadside tramway. The line was converted to 1,000 mm (3 ft 3 3⁄8 in) metre gauge in 1905 to match the gauge of other state Railways. During 1905 the metre gauge lines were extended to 73 miles and the 762 mm lines were now 17 miles. The gauge conversion to metre gauge from Wankaner to Morvi was completed in 1924 under the regime of Lakhdiraji Thakor. Later it was managed by the Dhrangadhra Railway in 1942, at that time the metre gauge lines were 132 miles. In April 1948 it was merged into Saurashtra Railway.