The Lane River begins at the outlet of Kezar Lake in the village of North Sutton, New Hampshire. The river flows south through a broad wetland, incorporating the outflow of Gile Pond, then suddenly drops 140 feet (43 m) in 0.3 miles (0.5 km) to enter the village of Sutton. The river continues southeast through more wetlands and past the village of South Sutton, then becomes more rapid as it descends to the Warner River at the Sutton/Warner town line.
Coordinates: The Lane River is an 8.5-mile-long (13.7 km) stream located in central New Hampshire in the United States. It is a tributary of the Warner River, part of the Contoocook River (and ultimately Merrimack River) watershed.
The Bridgewater Canal connects Runcorn, Manchester and Leigh, in North West England. It was commissioned by Francis Egerton, 3rd Duke of Bridgewater, to transport coal from his mines in Worsley to Manchester. It was opened in 1761 from Worsley to Manchester, and later extended from Manchester to Runcorn, and then from Worsley to Leigh.
The canal is connected to the Manchester Ship Canal via a lock at Cornbrook; to the Rochdale Canal in Manchester; to the Trent and Mersey Canal at Preston Brook, southeast of Runcorn; and to the Leeds and Liverpool Canal at Leigh. It once connected with the River Mersey at Runcorn but has since been cut off by a slip road to the Silver Jubilee Bridge.
Following the construction of the Sankey Brook Navigation, Bridgewater has been argued to be the first true canal of the Industrial Revolution in England, and it required the construction of an aqueduct to cross the River Irwell, one of the first of its kind. Its success helped inspire a period of intense canal building in Britain, known as Canal Mania. It later faced intense competition from the Liverpool and Manchester Railway and the Macclesfield Canal. Navigable throughout its history, it is one of the few canals in Britain not to have been nationalised, and remains privately owned. Pleasure craft now use the canal which forms part of the Cheshire Ring network of canals.County Route 503 (New Jersey)
County Route 503, abbreviated CR 503, is a county highway in the U.S. state of New Jersey. The highway extends 17.95 miles (28.89 kilometers) from Paterson Plank Road (Route 120) in Carlstadt to the New York state line at the Montvale NJ/Pearl River NY border, where it continues as New York State Route 304. It parallels the Hackensack River and New Jersey Transit's Pascack Valley Line for much of its route.
For the northern portion of the roadway, from River Edge to Montvale, it is known as Kinderkamack Road. In Hackensack, the roadway is known as River Street and Hackensack Avenue.
Kinderkamack comes from the language of the Lenape Native Americans, meaning "place of ceremonial dance and worship." During the American Revolutionary War, General Lafayette's division camped in what is now Oradell at Kinderkamack and Soldier Hill Roads.Grand Bay–Westfield
For the provincial riding formerly known as Grand-Bay Westfield, see Fundy-River Valley.Grand Bay–Westfield (2016 population: 4,964) is a Canadian suburb outside Saint John in the western part of Kings County, New Brunswick.
The town is an amalgamation of the original town of Grand Bay and the neighbouring village of Westfield immediately to the north.
Grand Bay–Westfield is situated on the west bank of the Saint John River immediately north of the boundary between Kings County and Saint John County. The town is a suburb of the city of Saint John and its population is split with 3,405 residents in the Grand Bay neighbourhood and 1,544 located in Westfield.
Many residents of Grand Bay–Westfield find employment in Saint John; many are tradespeople who work at the Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station, or the Coleson Cove Generating Station, as well as various J.D. Irving Limited pulp and paper factories and the Moosehead brewery - all located on the west side of the city.Herefordshire and Gloucestershire Canal
The Herefordshire and Gloucestershire Canal (sometimes known as the Hereford and Gloucester Canal) is a canal in the west of England, which ran from Hereford to Gloucester, where it linked to the River Severn. It was opened in two phases in 1798 and 1845, and closed in 1881, when the southern section was used for the course of the Ledbury and Gloucester Railway. It is the subject of an active restoration scheme.List of bridges in Albania
There are hundreds of bridges and bridge ruins found throughout Albania. A total of 90 have achieved the status of monument of cultural heritage. The oldest standing bridge in the country is the Kauri Bridge, located in the village of Poshnjë - it dates back to the late antiquity. The longest spanning bridge is the Shushica Bridge (520 m) - it crosses the Devoll river as a segment of the Banjë-Gramsh road. The tallest bridge in the country is the Vasha Bridge (156 m), currently under construction - it is part of the important Arbër Road project which aims to connect the central region of the country with western Macedonia in a much shorter period than the existing routeList of rivers of New Hampshire
This is a list of rivers and significant streams in the U.S. state of New Hampshire.
All watercourses named "River" (freshwater or tidal) are listed here, as well as other streams which are either subject to the New Hampshire Comprehensive Shoreland Protection Act or are more than 10 miles (16 km) long. New Hampshire rivers and streams qualify for state shoreland protection (and are listed here in bold) if they are fourth-order or larger water bodies, based on the Strahler method of stream order classification.List of rivers of Newfoundland and Labrador
Nearly all of the Newfoundland and Labrador rivers and creeks flow directly into the Atlantic.Liverpool and Manchester Railway
The Liverpool and Manchester Railway (L&MR) opened on 15 September 1830 between the Lancashire towns of Liverpool and Manchester in England. The world's first inter-city railway, it was also the first railway to rely exclusively on locomotives driven by steam power, with no horse-drawn traffic permitted at any time; the first to be entirely double track throughout its length; the first to have a signalling system; the first to be fully timetabled; and the first to carry mail.Trains were hauled by company steam locomotives between the two towns, though private wagons and carriages were allowed. Cable haulage of freight trains was down the steeply-graded 1.26-mile (2.03 km) Wapping Tunnel to Liverpool Docks from Edge Hill junction. The railway was primarily built to provide faster transport of raw materials, finished goods and passengers between the Port of Liverpool and the cotton mills and factories of Manchester and surrounding towns.
Designed and built by George Stephenson, the line was financially successful, and influenced the development of railways across Britain in the 1830s. In 1845 the railway was absorbed by its principal business partner, the Grand Junction Railway (GJR), which in turn amalgamated the following year with the London and Birmingham Railway and the Manchester and Birmingham Railway to form the London and North Western Railway.Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
Marstons Mills (also spelled Marston's Mills) is a village in the town of Barnstable, Massachusetts, United States. It was settled by Roger Goodspeed before 1653. His granddaughter Lydia married Benjamin Marston who developed the fulling mill and weaving operations along the Marstons Mills River, hence the name of the village. It is primarily residential, located on Massachusetts Route 28, and rural in nature. Main roads also include Massachusetts Route 149, Race Lane, River Road, Osterville-West Barnstable Road, and Santuit-Newtown Road. The ZIP code for Marstons Mills is 02648.Nottingham Express Transit
Nottingham Express Transit (NET) is a 32-kilometre-long (20 mi) tram system in Nottingham, England. The system opened to the public on 9 March 2004 and a second phase, that more than doubled the size of the total system, opened on 25 August 2015, having been initially planned to open two years prior.
The network is operated and maintained by Nottingham Trams Ltd on behalf of the Tramlink Nottingham consortium. It was operated by Arrow Light Rail, another consortium, from 9 March 2004 until 16 December 2011. Arrow Light Rail had been contracted to operate the system for 30 years; the addition of lines to the system led to retendering.Oxford–Bicester line
The Oxford–Bicester line is a railway line linking Oxford and Bicester in Oxfordshire, England. Opened in 1850, later becoming part of a through route to Cambridge, it closed in 1967 along with much of the rest of the original line. The section between Oxford and Bicester was reopened in 1987 as a branch line, and closed from early 2014 to late 2015 for a substantial upgrade in which it became part of a new route between Oxford and London Marylebone via High Wycombe. In addition, it is intended that by 2025 the original route eastwards will be restored as far as Bletchley allowing services to run to Bedford. This East West Rail project includes a long term plan to re-establish the route through to Cambridge.South Sutton, New Hampshire
South Sutton is an unincorporated community in the town of Sutton in Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States. It is located along New Hampshire Route 114, which leads north through Sutton Mills and North Sutton into the town of New London, and south into the town of Bradford. South Sutton is located along the Lane River.
South Sutton has a separate ZIP code (03273) from other parts of the town of Sutton.Street names of Vauxhall
This is a list of the toponymy of street names in the London district of Vauxhall. The area has no formally defined boundaries – those utilised here are Black Prince Road to the north, Kennington Road to the north-east, Kennington Park Road/Clapham Road to the south-east, Miles Street/Fentiman Road to the south, and Wandsworth Road/Nine Elms Lane/river Thames to the west.
Albert Embankment – built in the 1860s over former marshlands, it was named for Albert, Prince Consort, husband of Queen Victoria
Ashmole Street – after Elias Ashmole, noted 17th century antiquarian, who lived near here
Bedser Close – presumably for Alec Bedser, widely regarded as one of the best English cricketers of the 20th century, by association with the nearby Oval Cricket Ground
Black Prince Road – after Edward the Black Prince, son of Edward III, who owned this land
Bondway – after the late 18th century developers of this street John and Sarah Bond
Bowling Green Street – this land was formerly a bowling green leased to the owners of the nearby Horns Tavern
Carroun Road – after the former Carroun, or Caron, House which stood here
Clapham Road – as it leads to the south-west London area of this name
Claylands Place and Claylands Road – after the former brick clay fields located here prior to 1800
Clayton Street – after the Clayton family, who leased much of this land from the Duchy of Cornwall from the 1660s on
Courtenay Square and Courtenay Street
Fentiman Road – after local mid-19th century developer John Fentiman
Glasshouse Walk – after the former Vauxhall Glassworks here, which thrived in the 1700s
Harleyford Road – after local leaseholders the Claytons, whose country house was Harleyford Manor, Buckinghamshire
Jonathan Street – for Jonathan Tyers and his son, managers of the nearby Vauxhall Gardens for much of the 18th century
Kennington Gardens, Kennington Oval, Kennington Park Road, Kennington Road – after the Old English Chenintune (‘settlement of Chenna’a people’); another explanation is that it means "place of the King", or "town of the King".
Lambeth Road and South Lambeth Place – refers to a harbour where lambs were either shipped from or to. It is formed from the Old English 'lamb' and 'hythe'.
Laud Street – after William Laud, Archbishop of Canterbury from 1633–45, by association with the nearby Lambeth Palace
Lawn Lane – after a former row of houses here called The Lawn, after their grass plots, demolished in 1889-90
Meadow Mews and Meadow Road – after the former meadows here attached to Caron House
New Spring Gardens Walk – after the former Vauxhall Gardens here
Nine Elms Lane – after a row of nine elm tress which formerly stood along this lane
Oval Way – after the adjacent Oval Cricket Ground
Parry Street – after Thomas Parry, 17th century statesman and owner of Copt Hall, a house near here
Randall Road and Randall Row
Riverside Walk – simply a descriptive name
St Oswald’s Place
Salamanca Place and Salamanca Street
Sancroft Street – after William Sancroft, 79th Archbishop of Canterbury, by association with the nearby Lambeth Palace
Tinworth Street – after George Tinworth, noted ceramic artist for the Royal Doulton ceramics company at Lambeth
Tyers Street and Tyers Terrace – for Jonathan Tyers and his son, managers of the nearby Vauxhall Gardens for much of the 18th century
Vauxhall Bridge (and Bridgefoot), Vauxhall Grove, Vauxhall Street and Vauxhall Walk – from the name of Falkes de Breauté, the head of King John's mercenaries, who owned a large house in the area, which was referred to as Faulke's Hall, later Foxhall, and eventually Vauxhall; the Birdge opened in 1816
Wandsworth Road – as it led to the south-west London area of this name
Wynyard TerraceSutton, New Hampshire
Sutton is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 1,837 at the 2010 census. Sutton includes the villages of Sutton Mills (shown as "Sutton" on topographic maps), North Sutton, South Sutton and East Sutton. North Sutton is home to Wadleigh State Park on Kezar Lake.Swindon and Cricklade Railway
The Swindon & Cricklade Railway is a heritage railway in Wiltshire, England, that operates on a short section of the old Midland and South Western Junction Railway line between Swindon and Cricklade.
Swindon and Cricklade Railway is a registered charity.Tirana
Tirana ( (listen); Albanian pronunciation: [tiˈɾaːna]; Gheg Albanian: Tirona) is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Albania.
Tirana is located in the center of Albania and is enclosed by mountains and hills with Mount Dajt elevating on the east and a slight valley on the northwest overlooking the Adriatic Sea in the distance. Due to its location within the Plain of Tirana and the close proximity to the Mediterranean Sea, the city is particularly influenced by a Mediterranean seasonal climate. It is among the wettest and sunniest cities in Europe, with 2,544 hours of sun per year.Tirana flourished as a city in 1614 but the region that today corresponds to the city's territory has been continuously inhabited since the Iron Age. The city's territory was inhabited by several Illyrian tribes but had no importance within Illyria. Indeed, it was annexed by Rome and became an integral part of the Roman Empire following the Illyrian Wars. The heritage of that period is still evident and represented by the Mosaics of Tirana. Later, in the 5th and 6th centuries, a Paleochristian basilica was built around this site.
After the Roman Empire split into East and West in the 4th century, its successor the Byzantine Empire took control over most of Albania, and built the Petrelë Castle in the reign of Justinian I. The city was fairly unimportant until the 20th century, when the Congress of Lushnjë proclaimed it as Albania's capital, after the Albanian Declaration of Independence in 1912.
Tirana is the most important economic, financial, political and trade center in Albania due to its significant location in the center of the country and its modern air, maritime, rail and road transportation. It is the seat of power of the Government of Albania, with the official residences of the President and Prime Minister of Albania, and the Parliament of Albania.Weston, Clevedon and Portishead Light Railway
The Weston, Clevedon and Portishead Light Railway (WCPR) was conceived and built initially as a tramway to link the three small North Somerset coastal towns of Weston-super-Mare, Clevedon and Portishead in the 1880s.Winsford
Winsford is a town and civil parish within the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It lies on the River Weaver south of Northwich and west of Middlewich, and grew around the salt mining industry after the river was canalised in the 18th century, allowing freight to be conveyed northwards to the Port of Runcorn on the River Mersey. The town falls into the Winsford & Northwich Locality, with an estimated population in 2017 of 103,300; the three wards of Winsford make up around 32,610 of this figure.
Winsford is split into three neighbourhoods: Over on the western side of the River Weaver, Wharton on the eastern side, and Swanlow and Dene.
|Gulf of Maine|
|Long Island Sound|