Jennifer Hilton, Baroness Hilton of Eggardon
Jennifer Hilton, Baroness Hilton of Eggardon QPM, (born 12 January 1936) is a British Labour Party politician and former police officer with the Metropolitan Police. She was awarded the Queen's Police Medal in the 1989 Birthday Honours.
Hilton was appointed a life peer in the House of Lords having previously served as a Commander of the Metropolitan Police in London, UK. She was elevated to the peerage on 14 June 1991 as Baroness Hilton of Eggardon, of Eggardon in the County of Dorset. She is a trustee of the Police Rehabilitation Trust.
In February 2016 she was included in The Independent's group photograph of 28 LGBT MPs and peers.
Coat of arms of Jennifer Hilton, Baroness Hilton of Eggardon
- A Coronet of a Baroness
- Azure between two Bees in fess and volant upwards and outwards proper growing from a Grassy Mount in base and protected by Palings about its trunk an Oak Tree also proper and fructed Or
- Dexter: on a Grassy Mount growing therefrom two Dog Roses proper a Crested Newt statant erect Vert holding by its inner forefoot a Tipstaff proper; Sinister: on a Grassy Mount growing therefrom two Dog Roses proper a Griffin statant erect Argent armed winged and Tail tufted Or grasping by its inner foreclaw a Serpent entwined about the foreleg also proper
- Poursuivre Raison Avec Resolution (To follow right with resolution)
- ^ "No. 51772". The London Gazette (Supplement). 17 June 1989. p. 25.
- ^ "No. 52577". The London Gazette. 19 June 1991. p. 9409.
- ^ "Person Page – 19140". Darryl Lundy. ThePeerage.com. Retrieved 24 June 2008.
- ^ "Contact and trustees". Charity-commission.gov.uk. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- ^ Mark Leftly, "Gay MPs: The photograph that shows Westminster's attitude towards LGBT politicians is changing", The Independent, 20 February 2016.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.