James Donald Bratt (born 1949) is a scholar of Abraham Kuyper, and is an emeritus professor at Calvin College.
An alumnus of Calvin, Bratt received his PhD from Yale University after writing his dissertation, Dutch Calvinism in Modern America. He has published a biography of Kuyper in 2013. His other areas of specialty include colonial American history, and American intellectual and religious history.
- Dutch Calvinism in Modern America (Eerdmans, 1984) ISBN 1-59244-122-X
- Abraham Kuyper: A Centennial Reader (Eerdmans, 1998) ISBN 0-8028-4321-2
- Antirevivalism in Antebellum America: A Collection of Religious Voices (editor) (Rutgers University Press, 2005) ISBN 0-8135-3692-8
- Abraham Kuyper: Modern Calvinist, Christian Democrat (Eerdmans, 2013) ISBN 978-0-8028-6906-7
- ^ Calvin College - History - Faculty - James D. Bratt
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.