Infobase Publishing is an American publisher of reference book titles and textbooks geared towards the North American library, secondary school, and university-level curriculum markets. Infobase operates a number of prominent imprints, including Facts On File, Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, Chelsea House (which also serves as the imprint for the special collection series, "Bloom's Literary Criticism" under the direction of literary critic Harold Bloom), and Ferguson Publishing.
The private equity firm Veronis Suhler Stevenson bought Facts on File and Chelsea House in 2005. Infobase bought Films for the Humanities & Sciences in 2007 and the World Almanac in 2009.
As well as nonfiction works in print, Infobase and its imprints publish a selection of works in digital, audio-visual and online database formats.
Facts On File has been publishing books since 1941. The publisher publishes general reference and trade books.
- Facts On File
- Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Cambridge Educational
- Chelsea House Publishing
- ^ "Berkery, Noyes & Co. advises Exeter Capital Partners on the sale of Facts on File to Veronis Suhler Stevenson". Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- ^ "News Briefs". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 2014-09-06.
- ^ Content, Library Journal Archive. "Infobase Buys Films Media Group". Library Journal. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- ^ "About Facts on File". FOFWeb. United States: Facts on File. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- ^ "Facts on File, Inc". PublishersGlobal. Calgary: Impello Inc. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.