Adelaide, South Australia
|Location||12 km (7 mi) NW of Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||City of Port Adelaide Enfield|
|State electorate(s)||Port Adelaide|
|Federal Division(s)||Port Adelaide|
In 1846 Captain John Hart settled near Port Adelaide on a private subdivision of section 908 of the Hundred of Port Adelaide. Hart's permanent residence was built on the subdivision in 1856. Hart named the residence Glanville Hall for his mother, Mary née Glanville, and the land division was known as Glanville Hall Estate. The suburb of Glanville was formally established on a portion of the Glanville Hall Estate subdivision in 1951 after the name was proposed in 1945.
After residence of Capt. John Hart - Glanville Hall. Glanville Hall named after Hart's mothers maiden name. Capt. Hart was Chief Secretary and Treasurer. Originally a private subdivision of Section 908. Name formally submitted by City of Port Adelaide at council meeting held on 10 May 1945. Suburb name formally adopted by Nomenclature Committee in 1951. Portion excluded from Glanville along with portions of Ethelton, Semaphore Park and Birkenhead to create the new suburb of New Port on 12/7/2007.