Flakstadvåg

Flakstadvåg is a village in Torsken Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located along the Selfjorden on the southwestern part of the island of Senja. It is surrounded by the fjord, mountains, and a marsh. There is one road connection to the village from the outside world. Ånderdalen National Park lies just to the northeast of the village. Flakstadvåg Chapel is located here.

Flakstadvåg
Village
View of the village
View of the village
Flakstadvåg is located in Troms
Flakstadvåg
Flakstadvåg
Location in Troms
Flakstadvåg is located in Norway
Flakstadvåg
Flakstadvåg
Flakstadvåg (Norway)
Coordinates: 69°11′24″N 17°01′58″E / 69.19000°N 17.03278°ECoordinates: 69°11′24″N 17°01′58″E / 69.19000°N 17.03278°E
CountryNorway
RegionNorthern Norway
CountyTroms
DistrictMidt-Troms
MunicipalityTorsken Municipality
Elevation3 m (10 ft)
Time zoneUTC+01:00 (CET)
 • Summer (DST)UTC+02:00 (CEST)
Post Code
9393 Flakstadvåg

References

  1. ^ "Flakstadvåg" (in Norwegian). yr.no. Retrieved 2012-12-02.
Berg Church (Berg)

Berg Church (Norwegian: Berg kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Berg Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Skaland. It is the main church for the Berg parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, stone church was built in a long church style in 1955 by the architect Hans Magnus. The church seats about 225 people.The altarpiece carved in wood was decorated by Torvald Kildal Moseid (1917-2000). Moseid also designed the stained glass in the church. The organ is a pneumatic organ from Vestre Orgelfabrikk. The church bell is from Olsen Nauen Bell Foundry (Olsen Nauen Klokkestøperi).

Finnsæter Chapel

Finnsæter Chapel (Norwegian: Finnsæter kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Berg Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Finnsæter. It is an annex chapel for the Berg parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a long church style in 1982 by the architecture company Ric. Bjørn A/S. The chapel seats about 77 people. The chapel was consecrated on 29 August 1982 by the Bishop Arvid Nergård.

Fjordgård Chapel

Fjordgård Chapel (Norwegian: Fjordgård kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Dyrøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Fjordgård on the northern part of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Lenvik parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden church was built in a long church style in 1976 by the architectural firm Rik. Bjørn A/S. The church seats about 110 people.

Flakstadvåg Chapel

Flakstadvåg Chapel (Norwegian: Flakstadvåg kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Torsken Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Flakstadvåg on the west coast of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Torsken parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a long church style in 1925 by the architect . The chapel seats about 150 people.

Gryllefjord Chapel

Gryllefjord Chapel (Norwegian: Gryllefjord kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Torsken Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Gryllefjord on the west coast of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Torsken parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a long church style in 1902 by the architect . The chapel seats about 150 people.

Husøy Chapel

Husøy Chapel (Norwegian: Husøy kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Dyrøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located on the island-village of Husøy, just off the coast of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Lenvik parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wood and brick chapel was built in a long church style in 1957. The chapel seats about 100 people.

Lenvik Church

Lenvik Church (Norwegian: Lenvik kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Dyrøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Bjorelvnes, along the Gisundet strait. It is one of the churches in the Lenvik parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden church was built in a cruciform style in 1879 by the architect Anker. The church seats about 250 people.

Lysbotn Chapel

Lysbotn Chapel (Norwegian: Lysbotn kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Dyrøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Lysnes on the eastern side of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Lenvik parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a fan-shaped style in 1970 by the architect Gaute Baalsrud. The chapel seats about 120 people.

Mefjordvær Chapel

Mefjordvær Chapel (Norwegian: Mefjordvær kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Berg Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Mefjordvær on the northern coast of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Berg parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a long church style in 1916 by the architect Ludvig Lorentzen. The chapel seats about 120 people.

Rossfjord Church

Rossfjord Church (Norwegian: Rossfjord kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Dyrøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located just northeast of the village of Rossfjordstraumen, along the coast of the Malangen fjord. It is one of the churches in the Lenvik parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden church was originally built in a cruciform style in 1822 by an unknown architect in Lenvik as Lenvik Church. When a new Lenvik Church was constructed, this building was taken down and moved to its present location in 1885. The church seats about 250 people.

Sandbakken Chapel

Sandbakken Chapel (Norwegian: Sandbakken kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Dyrøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Sandbakken on the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Lenvik parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a long church style in 1976 by the architect Torgeir Renland. The chapel seats about 148 people.

Skrolsvik Chapel

Skrolsvik Chapell (Norwegian: Skrolsvik kapell) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Tranøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Skrollsvika on the southwest coast of the island of Senja. It is an annex chapel for the Tranøy parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden church was built in a long church style in 1924. The church seats about 170 people.

Skøelv Chapel

Skøelv Chapel (Norwegian: Skøelv kapell) is a chapel of the Church of Norway in Sørreisa Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Skøelva. It is an annex chapel for the Sørreisa parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden chapel was built in a long church style in 1966 by the architect Petter Bratli. The chapel seats about 100 people.

Stonglandet Church

Stonglandet Church (Norwegian: Stonglandet kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Tranøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Stonglandseidet on the south side of the island of Senja. It is the main church for the Tranøy parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden church was built in a long church style in 1896 by the architect Ole Scheistrøen. The church seats about 240 people.

Straumen Chapel

Straumen Chapel (Norwegian: Straumen kapell) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Sørreisa Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Sørreisa. It is an annex church for the Sørreisa parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, brick church was built in a rectangular design in 1973 by the architect Elisabeth Breen Fidjestøl. The church seats about 170 people. There is a free standing bell tower to the east of the main entrance. In 2014, the church was renovated and a new chancel was added to the sanctuary.

Torsken

Torsken is a municipality on the western coast of the large island of Senja in Troms county, Norway. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Gryllefjord. Other larger villages in Torsken municipality include the villages of Torsken, Medby, and Flakstadvåg.

The historic Torsken Church in the village of Torsken dates back to the 18th century. Ånderdalen National Park is located partially in Torsken and neighboring Tranøy municipalities.

The 243-square-kilometre (94 sq mi) municipality is the 310th largest by area out of the 422 municipalities in Norway. Torsken is the 401st most populous municipality in Norway with a population of 943. The municipality's population density is 4 inhabitants per square kilometre (10/sq mi) and its population has decreased by 0.6% over the last decade.

Torsken Church

Torsken Church (Norwegian: Torsken kirke) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Torsken Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Torsken on the west coast of the island of Senja. It is the main church for the Torsken parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The red, wooden church was built in a cruciform style in 1784 by an unknown architect. The church seats about 100 people.

Tranøy Church

Tranøy Church (Norwegian: Tranøy kirke) is a historic parish church of the Church of Norway in Tranøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located on the small island of Tranøya, just off the shore of the large island of Senja. It is the former main church for the Tranøy parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white, wooden church was built in a cruciform style in 1775 by an unknown architect. The church seats about 210 people.

Vangsvik Chapel

Vangsvik Chapel (Norwegian: Vangsvik kapell) is a parish church of the Church of Norway in Tranøy Municipality in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the village of Vangsvik. It is an annex church for the Tranøy parish which is part of the Senja prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The concrete church was built in a fan-shaped design in 1975 by the architect Alf Apalseth. The church seats about 150 people.

This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors (here).
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.