Dorchester High School was founded in 1852 in what was then the independent town of Dorchester, Massachusetts. In 1870, Dorchester was annexed by the City of Boston and Dorchester High came under the jurisdiction of Boston Public Schools. When a new school building on Peacevale Road opened in 1925, the student body was split. Dorchester High for Boys moved to the new facility, while Dorchester High for Girls remained in the Codman Square building. In a Boston School Committee vote in 1953, the school again became co-educational when the Dorchester High School for Girls was closed.
The school existed until 2003, when it was closed by the Boston School Committee to create the Dorchester Education Complex.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.