The Direction régionale des Affaires culturelles (DRAC, Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs) is a service of the French Minister of Culture in each region of France. Created by André Malraux, minister of Culture, on February 23, 1963, they are in charge of historical buildings (Monument historique, managed by the "Conservation régionale des Monuments historiques" ), museums, cinema, theatre, art...
Altillac (Altilhac in Occitan) is a commune in the Corrèze department in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region of central France.
The inhabitants of the commune are known as Altillacois or AltillacoisesChâteau de Kerjean
Château de Kerjean is a 16th-century fortified chateau (manor house) located close to the town of Saint-Vougay, in the Finistère department of Brittany, France.It was originally built for members of the Barbier family (later titled as Marquis de Kerjean) between the 1540s and 1590s. The chateau was damaged in the 1790s during the French Revolution, and fell into further disrepair during the 19th century.
The building was taken into state care in 1911 and restored in the late 20th and early 21st centuries. Standing in a 20-hectare park, the house, park and some out-lying structures (including a large dovecote) are open to the public.Châtelperron
Châtelperron is a commune in the Allier department in central France.
It is the location of the site known as La Grotte des Fées.Chéries-Chéris
Chéries-Chéris (Festival du Film Lesbien, Gay, Bi, Trans & ++++ de Paris) is an annual international LGBT film festival held in Paris in October or November. Original titled "Festival of Gays and Lesbians of Paris", it was founded in 1994 by Yann Beauvais, Philip Brooks, Élisabeth Lebovici, and Nathalie Magnan. The festival is supported by the Ministry of Culture and the Direction régionale des affaires culturelles of Île-de-France.From 2006 to 2009, the Canal + Short Film Award was announced. In 2010, the prize was extended to the Grand Prix, Prix d'Interpretation, Grand Prix Chéries du film documentaire, Pink TV for Documentary Prize, the Grand Prix of the Festival and the Pink TV for Short Film and a Special Mention award.Conservatoire à rayonnement régional de Poitiers
The Conservatoire à rayonnement régional de Poitiers is a school of higher education for music, drama, and dance located in Poitiers, France. The institution is a charter school of France's Ministry of Culture and is operated by the Direction régionale des affaires culturelles. The conservatory awards degrees in music performance, music education, choreographic studies, and theater.Ensemble Matheus
Ensemble Matheus is a French baroque orchestra. Based in Brittany, the ensemble gives concerts in a number of French cities, including Brest at Le Quartz, where it has enjoyed a residency since 1996, Vannes (Théâtre Anne de Bretagne), and Plougonvelin (Espace Keraudy). The ensemble receives funding from the Conseil Régional de Bretagne (Regional Council of Brittany), Conseil Général du Finistère, the city of Brest, the Ministère de la Culture et de la Communication - Direction Régionale des Affaires Culturelles (DRAC) Bretagne (Ministry of Culture and Communication - Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs Brittany), the Société Inter Parfums, and the Mécénat Musical Société Générale.
The Ensemble Matheus was founded in 1991 with the members of the Quatuor Matheus (Matheus Quartet), Jean-Christophe Spinosi, Laurence Paugam, Françoise Paugam, and Thierry Runarvot, as the core of the ensemble, and with Spinosi as artistic leader. Whilst the ensemble has a primary focus on baroque music, it also performs works from the 19th and 20th centuries, expanding the ensemble as needed. In addition to concert work, the ensemble has been the opera orchestra for productions at such venues and companies as the Théâtre des Champs-Élysées, Théâtre du Châtelet, the Opéra de Paris and the Opéra de Nice. The ensemble began a regular residency at the Théâtre du Châtelet in 2007. Outside France, the ensemble has performed in opera productions in such cities as Bilbao and Oslo.
In the US, the Ensemble Matheus first performed at Carnegie Hall in February 2008. In the UK, the ensemble first appeared at The Proms in September 2010. The ensemble regularly collaborates with individual artists such as Philippe Jaroussky and Marie-Nicole Lemieux.
The Ensemble Matheus has recorded commercially for the Naïve and Virgin Classics labels. The Ensemble Matheus has served as the featured instrumental ensemble in CD recordings of operas such as Vivaldi's La verità in cimento, Orlando furioso, Griselda, and La Fida Ninfa, and on DVD in a production of Rossini's La Pietra del Paragone.French Towns and Lands of Art and History
Since 1985, the French Ministry of Culture and Communication has pursued a policy of preserving and promoting France's heritage. Historic towns and districts have been designated Villes et Pays d'Art et d'Histoire ("Towns and Lands of Art and History").
The Ministry provides financial and technical support to regions and groups for architectural and heritage undertakings. The Ministry imposes an obligation on beneficiaries to receive workers it has deemed qualified to participate in projects. The national council of towns and districts of art and history (Le conseil national des Villes et Pays d'Art et d'Histoire), set up in 1995, participates in the development and general policy of the network. It advises on the eligibility of towns and districts for the Lands of Art and History designation, and effects withdrawal of support from landmarks where standards slip.
Policies of the network are put into effect by the regional directorates of arts and culture (Direction régionale des affaires culturelles: DRAC). The directorates seek to ensure that projects are relevant and blend into the culture of the region. They also serve as intermediaries between localities and the national organization.
In 2005, about 130 towns and districts were part of this network.Georges-Henri Pingusson
Georges-Henri Pingusson (July 26, 1894 – October 22, 1978) was a French architect.Hôtel de Blossac
The Hôtel de Blossac is an 18th-century hôtel particulier in the historic center of Rennes, Brittany.
The building, which has two main wings, was constructed in 1728. (A fire in 1720 had destroyed much of the city of Rennes.) The architect is said to have been Jacques Gabriel. The building has a unique classical architecture for Brittany, including its size, the assembly of several architectural components, and its grand staircase.
Property of the La Bourdonnaye family, earls of Blossac, for nearly two centuries, it was leased by the city as the residence of the commander in chief of the province of Brittany, with a pomp reminiscent of the court of France. At the French Revolution, it was divided into apartments and became a residential building, where the author Paul Féval was born.
The building was designated as a historic monument in 1947, and underwent a complete exterior restoration spread over three decades, while the apartments give way to offices. It has been wholly owned by the state since 1982 and houses, in refurbished and restored rooms, the Direction régionale des affaires culturelles (DRAC, Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs of Brittany) and in service quarters, the service territorial de l’architecture et du patrimoine (Territorial Service of architecture and heritage of Ille-et-Vilaine).Jacques Cellerier
Jacques Cellerier (1742–1814) was a French architect in the neoclassical style whose buildings can be seen mainly in Paris and Dijon.Labyrinth of the Reims Cathedral
The Labyrinth of the Reims Cathedral was a church labyrinth installed on the floor of the nave of the Reims Cathedral.Louise-Catherine
Louise-Catherine is a former coal barge that was converted by the architect Le Corbusier into a floating homeless shelter, moored in Paris. It is a registered historic monument of the city of Paris. After being unused for years, it was under renovation as a cultural centre when it sank in the aftermath of the flooding of the Seine in early 2018.Orchestre national des Pays de la Loire
The Orchestre national des Pays de la Loire (ONPL) is a French symphony orchestra based in Angers and Nantes. The orchestra receives support from the Regional Council of the Pays de la Loire, the French Ministry of Culture (Direction Régionale des Affaires Culturelles), the municipalities of Nantes and of Angers, and the General Councils of Loire-Atlantique, Maine-et-Loire, and La Vendée.
The precursor ensembles to the future ONPL were the orchestra of the Opéra de Nantes and the orchestra of the Société des Concerts Populaires d'Angers. In 1971 these two orchestras united into a single organisation, the 114-member Orchestre Philharmonique des Pays de la Loire (OPPL), recruited by competition throughout France. It gave its first concert under that name in September 1971, with Pierre Dervaux, the OPPL's first music director, conducting. Dervaux served as music director until 1976. Although based in Angers and Nantes the orchestra gave concerts in all the main towns of the Loire region. In 1979 the orchestra toured to Romania, Bulgaria and Poland, and made its first visit to London in 1980.Subsequent music directors were Marc Soustrot (1976-1994), Hubert Soudant (1994-2004), and Isaac Karabtchevsky (2004-2010). In April 2009, the ONPL announced the appointment of John Axelrod as its next music director, effective September 2010, with an initial contract of 3 years. Axelrod concluded his ONPL tenure in 2013. In February 2013, Pascal Rophé was named the next music director of the ONPL, and he formally took up the post in September 2014.
Early recordings by the orchestra included orchestral works by Vincent d'Indy (Grand Prix du Disque, 1977), and music by Rabaud and Pierné (all EMI). Later CDs included Guillou's Concerto Grosso and Concerto 2000, Ravel's Boléro and other works, and Tchaikovsky’s 5th Symphony.Palais du Rhin
The Palais du Rhin (English: Palace of the Rhine), the former Kaiserpalast (Imperial palace), is a building situated in the German (north-east) quarter of Strasbourg (Neustadt) dominating the Place de la République (the former Kaiserplatz) with its massive dome. A huge building, it and the surrounding gardens, as well as the neighbouring stables, are an outstanding landmark of 19th-century Prussian architecture.Parc de Gerland
Parc de Gerland (pronounced [paʁk də ʒəʁlɑ̃nd]), also called Parc du Confluent, is a large greenspace in Lyon situated on a former industrial site in the south of the city near the confluence of the Rhône and the Saone. Construction began in 1996, and the park was developed over an area of 80 hectares (200 acres). The initial two phases of construction concluded in 2000 and 2006, and were carried out by landscape architect Michel Corajoud. The project was managed by Grand Lyon.
The park includes several playgrounds, a skatepark and a botanical garden. It is situated next to the Stade de Gerland, and was used during the French archery championship finals in 2007 and 2012.Place de la République (Strasbourg)
Place de la République ("Republic Square"; former German: Kaiserplatz, "Imperial Square") is one of the main squares of the city of Strasbourg, France. It is surrounded on three sides by five buildings only, of which none is residential: the Palais du Rhin, the National and University Library, the Théâtre national de Strasbourg, the Préfecture of Grand Est and Bas-Rhin, and the tax center Hôtel des impôts. All of these buildings are classified as monuments historiques. The fourth side of the square is devoid of buildings.Point Éphémère
Point Ephémère is a music venue in Paris, located at Canal Saint-Martin. Point Ephémère is a center for artistic events located in the 10th arrondissement of Paris in an old warehouse building. The venue combines artist in residence programming and live performances.Tour de Cargèse
The Tour de Cargèse (Corsican: Torra di Carghjese) is a ruined Genoese tower located in the commune of Cargèse on the French island of Corsica. Only the base of the tower has survived. It sits on the highest point of the Puntiglione headland at an elevation of 157 metres (515 ft) above the sea. Only the base of the tower has survived.
The Tour de Cargèse was built between 1605 and 1606 under the direction of Giacomo della Piana. It was one of a series of coastal defences constructed by the Republic of Genoa between 1530 and 1620 to stem the attacks by Barbary pirates.Parts of the Puntiglione headland and the adjacent coastline covering an area of 174 hectares (430 acres) are owned by an agency of the French state, the Conservatoire du littoral.