Crowe Chizek was established in 1942 in South Bend, Ind., by Fred P. Crowe Sr. and Cletus F. Chizek. Previously, Crowe had worked in public accounting for many years and also served as the St. Joseph County auditor for eight years. Chizek was head of the accounting department at the University of Notre Dame and also worked part-time in public accounting. Following the death of Fred P.Crowe Sr. in 1952, Cletus F. Chizek reorganized the firm as Crowe, Chizek and Company and two firm personnel, M. Mendel Piser and Fred P. Crowe Jr., became partners. The first legal partnership of Crowe Chizek and Company was formulated in 1962 with six founding partners: Cletus F. Chizek, M. Mendel Piser, Fred P. Crowe Jr., Robert W. Green, Joseph A. Bauters and John J. Pairitz.
The firm changed its name to Crowe Horwath in 2008 to strengthen its alignment with Horwath International and in 2009 Horwath International changed its name to Crowe Horwath International. In June 2018, Crowe Horwath International rebranded as Crowe Global and Crowe Horwath LLP rebranded as Crowe.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.