Clinton High School (Massachusetts)
Clinton Senior High School, is a secondary school located at 200 West Boylston St., in Clinton, Massachusetts, United States.
The band program, as of the 2014-2015 school year, is directed by Katherine Engel Meifert. Meifert also serves as the director the CHS Drama Club.
The drama club entered a number of productions into the TAMY Awards through Theatre at the Mount. The club has received the following awards and recognition:
- 2006-2007 Best Supporting Actor (Brett Rochford as Barnaby in Hello Dolly)
- 2006-2007 Best Male Cameo Performance (Brian West as Rudolph in Hello Dolly)
- 2006-2007 Best Lobby Display (Hello Dolly)
- 2006-2007 Outstanding Student Set Design (Brett Rochford for Hello Dolly)
- 2006-2007 Not Your Average Chorus Member (Sarah Freel for Hello Dolly)
- 2007-2008 Not Your Average Chorus Member (Brett Rochford for Damn Yankees)
- 2007-2008 Best Lobby Display (Damn Yankees)
- 2007-2008 Outstanding Student Set Design (Brett Rochford for Damn Yankees)
- 2008-2009 Best Lobby Display (Guys and Dolls)
- 2008-2009 Outstanding Student Set Design (Brett Rochford for Guys and Dolls)
- David I. Walsh, elected governor of Massachusetts in 1913. Elected to the U.S. Senate in 1918. Alumni of the CHS Class of 1890.
- Philip J. Philbin, elected to the U.S. Congress in 1934. At the time, he was the youngest member of Congress. Alumni of the CHS Class of 1916.
- Joseph E. Casey, served 14 terms in the U.S. Congress. Alumni of the CHS Class of 1917.
- Sydney Schanberg, Pulitzer Prize winning reporter for his coverage of the fall of Phnom Penh. Alumni of the CHS Class of 1951.
- Teresa de Francisci, Born Mary Teresa Cafarelli, Alumni of the CHS class of 1918. Wife of sculptor and designer of the U.S. Peace Silver Dollar, Anthony de Francisci. Mary was also the model for the obverse of the coin.
- William P. Constantino, state representative and judge. Class of 1928.
- ^ http://www.doe.mass.edu/finance/schoolchoice/choice-status.pdf
- ^ "Clinton Senior High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 9, 2019.
- ^ http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/statereport/sat.aspx
- ^ http://www.telegram.com/article/20150306/COULTER01/303069949/1189/coulter17
- ^ http://mwcc.edu/tam/tamy/
- ^ http://mwcc.edu/tam/tamy/tamy-winners-06-07/
- ^ http://mwcc.edu/tam/tamy/tamy-winners-07-08/
- ^ http://mwcc.edu/tam/tamy/tamy-winners-08-09/
- ^ a b c d Notable Clintonians, ClintonMass.com. URL accessed on 29 October 2006.
Coordinates: 42°24′37″N 71°42′14″W / 42.4103°N 71.7038°W
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.