|Lady Cecily Neville|
|Duchess of Warwick|
Countess of Worcester
|Died||26 July 1450|
|Noble family||House of Neville|
|Spouse(s)||Henry de Beauchamp, 1st Duke of Warwick|
m. 1434; dec. 1446
John Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester
m. 1449; wid. 1450
|Father||Richard Neville, 5th Earl of Salisbury|
|Mother||Alice Montacute, 5th Countess of Salisbury|
Cecily Neville, Duchess of Warwick, Countess of Worcester (c.1425 – 26 July 1450) was a daughter of Richard Neville, 5th Earl of Salisbury and Alice Montacute, 5th Countess of Salisbury. Her siblings included Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick; John Neville, 1st Marquess of Montagu; George Neville, (Archbishop of York and Chancellor of England); Katherine Neville, Baroness Hastings; and Alice Neville, Baroness FitzHugh.
She was most likely named after her paternal aunt, Cecily Neville, Duchess of York. Her first cousins included Anne of York, Duchess of Exeter; Edmund, Earl of Rutland; Elizabeth of York, Duchess of Suffolk; Margaret of York; George Plantagenet, 1st Duke of Clarence; and Kings Edward IV and Richard III.
She first married Henry de Beauchamp, 1st Duke of Warwick, and the only King of the Isle of Wight (as well as of Jersey and Guernsey). Their only daughter was Lady Anne Beauchamp, who was allowed to succeed as suo jure 15th Countess of Warwick. Upon the death of the 15th Countess, the title was inherited by her paternal aunt, also named Lady Anne. Lady Anne married Cecily's brother, Richard Neville, who would become jure uxoris 16th Earl of Warwick.
Her second husband was John Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester. They had no children.
|Ancestors of Cecily Neville, Duchess of Warwick|
Year 1450 (MCDL) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.1450s in England
Events from the 1450s in England.Alice Montacute, 5th Countess of Salisbury
Alice Montagu (1407 – bef. 9 December 1462) was an English noblewoman and the suo jure 5th Countess of Salisbury, 6th Baroness Monthermer, and 7th and 4th Baroness Montagu, having succeeded to the titles in 1428. Her husband, Richard Neville became 5th Earl of Salisbury by right of his marriage to Alice.Alice Neville
Alice Neville, Baroness FitzHugh (c. 1430 – after 22 November 1503) was the wife of Henry FitzHugh, 5th Baron FitzHugh. She is best known for being the great-grandmother of Queen consort Catherine Parr and her siblings, Anne and William, as well as one of the sisters of Warwick the 'Kingmaker'. Her family was one of the oldest and most powerful families of the North. They had a long-standing tradition of military service and a reputation for seeking power at the cost of the loyalty to the crown as was demonstrated by her brother, the Earl of Warwick.John Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester
John Tiptoft, 1st Earl of Worcester KG (8 May 1427 – 18 October 1470) was an English nobleman and scholar, Lord High Treasurer, Lord High Constable and Deputy Governor of Ireland. He was known as "the Butcher of England".July 26
July 26 is the 207th day of the year (208th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 158 days remaining until the end of the year.Tewkesbury Abbey
The Abbey Church of St Mary the Virgin, Tewkesbury, (commonly known as Tewkesbury Abbey), in the English county of Gloucestershire, is a parish church and a former Benedictine monastery. It is one of the finest examples of Norman architecture in Britain, and has probably the largest Romanesque crossing tower in Europe.
Tewkesbury had been a centre for worship since the 7th century, becoming a priory in the 10th. The present building was started in the early 12th century. It was unsuccessfully used as a sanctuary in the Wars of the Roses. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries it became the parish church for the town. George Gilbert Scott led Restoration in the late 19th century. The church and churchyard within the abbey precincts includes tombs and memorials to many of the aristocracy of the area.
Services have been high church but now include Parish Eucharist, choral Mass and Evensong. These are accompanied by one of the church's three organs and choirs. There is a ring of twelve bells, hung for change ringing.