Coat of arms
|• Total||3.69 km2 (1.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,200/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
Alfornelos station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro and is located in the Alfornelos neighbourhood of Amadora.Amadora Este (Lisbon Metro)
Amadora Este station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro and is located on the east side of Amadora.Avenida (Lisbon Metro)
Avenida station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro.Baixa-Chiado (Lisbon Metro)
Baixa-Chiado is an interchange station where the Blue and Green Lines of the Lisbon Metro connect, being located under Rua Ivens between Baixa and Chiado, hence its name.Blue Line (Lisbon Metro)
The Blue Line (Portuguese: Linha Azul) or Seagull Line (Portuguese: Linha da Gaivota) is one of the four lines of Lisbon Metro. It is the only line of the Lisbon Metro entirely underground, without any viaduct.Carnide (Lisbon Metro)
Carnide station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro and is located near the Bairro da Horta Nova neighbourhood of Lisbon.Colombo Centre
The Colombo Centre (Centro Colombo in Portuguese) is a shopping mall located in the parish of Carnide. It is very famous in Lisbon and attracts a lot of visitors. It is situated next to the Lusíada avenue and the Segunda Circular; there is a bus terminal next to the building and the subway station Colégio Militar allows visitors easy access to the place.Colégio Militar/Luz (Lisbon Metro)
Colégio Militar station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro and is located in Lisbon.Estádio da Luz (1954)
Estádio da Luz (Portuguese pronunciation: [(ɨ)ˈʃtadiu dɐ ˈluʒ], Stadium of Light), officially named Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, was a multi-purpose stadium located in Lisbon, Portugal.
It was used mostly for football matches and hosted the home matches of S.L. Benfica and the Portugal national team. The stadium was opened on 1 December 1954 and it was able to hold an official maximum of 120,000 people, making it the largest stadium in Europe and the third largest in the world in terms of capacity. Some of the biggest attendances include a game against FC Porto with 135,000 people, the 1989–90 European Cup semi-final against Olympique de Marseille and the 1991 FIFA World Youth Championship final between Portugal and Brazil with 127,000 people in each game. It also hosted the 1992 European Cup Winners' Cup Final and the second leg of the 1983 UEFA Cup Final and the 1962 Intercontinental Cup.
Its demolition started in 2002 so the new Estádio da Luz could be built near the same area.Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Luz (Carnide)
Church of Our Lady of Light (Portuguese: Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Luz) is a church in freguesia Carnide of Lisbon, Portugal. It is classified as a National Monument.Laranjeiras (Lisbon Metro)
Laranjeiras station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro and is located in the Palma de Baixo neighbourhood.Liga Portuguesa de Basquetebol
The Liga Portuguesa de Basquetebol (English: Portuguese Basketball League) is the top men's professional club basketball league in Portugal. From the 2008–09 season onward, the competition has been again organised by the Federação Portuguesa de Basquetebol (Portuguese Basketball Federation) after not having been for 13 seasons. This was caused by the fold of the LCB after many years of financial problems, with the league now being a semi-professional league.
Between the 1965–66 and 1973–74 seasons, the league champions were determined by a tournament between the winners of the Campeonato Metropolitano (representing Portugal) and the champions of the then Portuguese colonies Mozambique and Angola, as a similar fashion to the Portuguese Roller Hockey First Division, which was also played during those seasons. However, the first of these tournaments never came to be because of a protest launched by Mozambican team Sporting de Lourenço Marques.Luísa, Duchess of Cadaval
Luísa of Braganza, Duchess of Cadaval (Portuguese pronunciation: [luˈizɐ]; January 9, 1679 in Lisbon – December 23, 1732 in Évora) was a natural daughter of Portuguese King Peter II and a Portuguese lady named Maria da Cruz Mascarenhas.
She was raised among the family of secretary of state Francisco Correia de Lacerda and after that at the Monastery of Carnide with her aunt Maria of Braganza (natural daughter of John IV of Portugal). Luísa married D. Luís and after his death married D. Jaime de Melo, respectively 2nd and 3rd dukes of Cadaval.
She died in Évora, Alentejo, and is buried at the Convent of Saint John the Evangelist in the same city.Parque (Lisbon Metro)
Parque station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro.Pontinha (Lisbon Metro)
Pontinha station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro and is located in the Bairro Mário Madeira neighbourhood of Lisbon, near the border with Amadora and Odivelas.Reboleira (Lisbon Metro)
Reboleira station is the northern terminus on the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro.Restauradores (Lisbon Metro)
Restauradores station is on the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro.Santa Teresa de Jesus de Carnide convent
The Santa Teresa de Jesus de Carnide convent, also known as the Santa Teresa de Jesus of the Order of the Discalced Carmelites and of Santo Alberto convent, is located on the 45 Rua do Norte a Carnide, in the Carnide parish, in Lisbon, Portugal.The convent was founded in 1642 by Micaela Margarida de Sant'Ana, daughter of the emperor Matthias of the Holy Roman Empire and John IV's niece, in a land donated by António Gomes da Mata, the kingdom's High-Courier.In 1650, the religious house received D. Maria, the Infanta, who would then be educated there, wearing the Carmelites' habit in the year of her father's death. She was the one who sparked the church and conventual section's conclusion, as well as their ornamentation with various paintings, goldwork and utensils.The convent hosted ladies and widows from noble families, and with the ban on religious orders in 1834, it would then serve as a religious retreat until the death of its last nun, in 1881.Terreiro do Paço (Lisbon Metro)
Terreiro do Paço station is part of the Blue Line of the Lisbon Metro.
Parishes of Lisbon municipality