Barlborough is a village and civil parish in the Bolsover district of Derbyshire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 3,018, increasing to 3,261 at the 2011 Census. The village is near junction 30 of the M1 motorway and is about five miles north of Bolsover. Historic Derbyshire village which includes many walks and eateries.
Crossroads of High Street and New Road/Ward Lane. The white building in the centre is the Rose and Crown public house.
Barlborough parish highlighted within Derbyshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
The 2007 Bolsover District Council election took place on 3 May 2007 to elect members of Bolsover District Council in Derbyshire, England. The whole council was up for election and the Labour party stayed in overall control of the council.A616 road
The A616 is a road that links Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, to the M1 motorway at Junction 30, then reappears at Junction 35A and goes on to Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
The road originally ran continuously from Newark to Huddersfield, via Sheffield city centre. The section of route between the M1 Junction 30 and Sheffield was re-numbered A6135, and the route north-west of Sheffield largely renumbered the A6102.Anne Western
Anne Western (born 27 December 1955) is a Labour Party politician and former Leader of Derbyshire County Council.Barlborough Common
Barlborough Common is an area in Derbyshire, England. It is located to the south of Barlborough. The land has undergone extensive open-cast mining and subsequent restoration.Barlborough Hall School
Barlborough Hall School became an independent Catholic day school, in the Jesuit tradition, around 1939. The school is now the Preparatory school for Mount St Mary's College at Spinkhill, 2.2 miles down the road. The present head teacher is Mrs Karen Keeton.Bolsover Castle railway station
Bolsover Castle is a former railway station in Bolsover, near Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.Clowne and Barlborough railway station
Clowne & Barlborough is a former railway station in Clowne northeast of Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.Francis Rodes
Sir Francis Rodes (c. 1530–1588) was an English judge, the son of John Rodes of Staveley, Derbyshire, by his first wife, Attelina Hewett of the West Riding of Yorkshire. He took part in the trial of Mary, Queen of Scots, built Barlborough Hall, and he was one of the founders of Netherthorpe School.Glapwell railway station
Glapwell is a former railway station in Glapwell, near Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.Grade II* listed buildings in Bolsover (district)
There are over 20,000 Grade II* listed buildings in England. This page is a list of these buildings in the district of Bolsover in Derbyshire.Henry Hibbard (cricketer)
Henry Hibbard (1853 – 12 February 1902) was an English cricketer active in 1884 who played for Lancashire. He was born in Barlborough, Derbyshire and died in Liverpool. He appeared in one first-class match and scored seven runs with a highest score of 4. He took two wickets with a best analysis of two for 35.John Osborne (footballer)
John Osborne (1 December 1940 – 7 November 1998) was an English football goalkeeper. He played for Chesterfield, West Bromwich Albion and Shamrock Rovers. Osborne was a member of Albion's great cup side of the late 1960s which played in 5 cup finals from 1966 to 1970, including the 1968 FA Cup final. His nickname was Bionic due to the plastic joint inserted in his finger.
He made his Rovers debut at Milltown under his old teammate Johnny Giles on 10 September 1978. He played 3 games in the 1978–79 European Cup Winners' Cup keeping 2 clean sheets giving him a total of 4 appearances for the Hoops.
In 2004, he was named as one of West Bromwich Albion's 16 greatest players, in a poll organised as part of the club's 125th anniversary celebrations.Osborne was the commercial manager of Worcestershire County Cricket Club from 1986 to 1995, and played a significant part in the county's signing of long-time major sponsor MEB.Midland Railway Clowne Branch
The Clowne Branch is a lifted but protected former railway line in north eastern Derbyshire, England. currently being developed as part of the Greenway network for walkers, cyclists and horse ridersMount St Mary's College
Mount St Mary's College is an independent, co-educational, day and boarding school situated at Spinkhill, Derbyshire, near Sheffield, England. It was founded in 1842 as 'The College of the Immaculate Conception at Spinkhill' by Fr Randal Lythgoe, the Provincial Superior of the Society of Jesus (better known as the Jesuits), and is still under the trusteeship of the Society. Although most teaching staff are lay members, the school still retains its Catholic ethos and values.Its affiliated preparatory school is Barlborough Hall School, just 2.2 miles down the road.New Barlborough
New Barlborough is an area of Barlborough village, Bolsover, Derbyshire, consisting of several housing estates and a single row of houses along the A619, between Chesterfield and Worksop.Palterton and Sutton railway station
Palterton and Sutton is a former railway station between Palterton and Sutton Scarsdale, east of Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.Rodes baronets
The Rodes Baronetcy, of Barlborough in the County of Derby, was a title in the Baronetage of England. It was created on 14 August 1641 for Francis Rodes, of Barlborough Hall, near Chesterfield, Derbyshire. The early family of Rodes was seated in Nottinghamshire. A William Rodes acquired an estate in Derbyshire by marriage. Sir Francis Rodes built Barlborough Hall in 1583-4. The first Baronet was his grandson. The title became extinct on the death of the fourth Baronet in 1743, when the estates passed to his sister's heirs, the Heathcotes and Heathcote-Rodes families.Staveley, Derbyshire
Staveley is a town in the borough of Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, alongside the River Rother, between Eckington to the north, Barlborough to the east, Sutton cum Duckmanton to the south and Brimington to the west.Thurcroft Interchange
The Thurcroft Interchange is a large motorway junction in South Yorkshire (the Metropolitan Borough of Rotherham).