Balambha is a village in Jodiya taluka of Jamnagar District of Gujarat in India. The taluka headquarters of Jodiya is at a distance of 15 km and Jamnagar city at a distance of 47 km. The Dadhiari Dam on Aji river is at a distance of only 1 km.
Balambha has a strong inner citadel. This is said in the Tarikh-i-Sorath by Ranchhodji Diwan to have been built by Rao Deshalji I of Cutch State in 1714, but its construction is popularly ascribed to Meraman Khavas. Probably the Rao first built a small citadel in 1714, afterwards strengthened and enlarged by Meraman Khavas in 1784.
The river Aji, which flows by Rajkot, falls into the Little Rann of Kutch at a distance of about six miles from Balambha. There is a hillock in the lands of Balambha called Bina where there is a Chapter spring of fresh water called the Navghan Kui. It is said that when Ra Navghan of Junagadh was marching to Cutch to avenge Jaasal, he halted here and was athirst and the men that were with him. In his distress he called on his tutelary goddess to aid him. She directed him to plunge his spear into the hillock ; he did so and water flowed forth and he appeased his thirst and that of his army.
In the rains of 1881, Balambha was at the centre of the cyclone which visited the north-west of the peninsula ; forty-five inches of rain fell in the three days the cyclone lasted, hundreds of mud-houses were washed down, and it is said that only forty houses in the whole town were uninjured. Much damage was done by this storm, and many cattle died from the damp and exposure.
The village is having all the facilities including a Government Higher Secondary School.
Balambha is 14th Village in list of smart village project. The project already started and it will may be done in 1000 days.
The population is of Kadia Kshatriyas, Lohana, Sathvara, etc.
Bhimkata is a village in Jodiya Taluka of Jamnagar district, Gujarat, India.
It is situated near Balambha, about ten miles from the Gulf of Kutch. The soil of the surrounding country is salt. There is a water tank called the Megasri in the village provides drinking water which is also shared by the neighbouring village of Dudhai. It holds water for three months in the year.The water being brackish, no garden crops can be raised. It was held by Gaekwad of Baroda State during British period.Jagmal Raja Chauhan
Jagmal Raja Chauhan (1887–1974), better known as Rai Bahadur Jagmal Raja, was a noted railway contractor, industrialist, miner, private banker, aviation pioneer and philanthropist of India.Kalavad (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Kalavad assembly constituency (કાલાવડ વિધાનસભા બેઠક) is one of the 182 assembly constituency of Gujarat. It is located in Jamnagar District. This seat is reserved for a member of the Scheduled Caste.Kutch Gurjar Kshatriyas contributions to the Indian railways
The Kutch Gurjar Kshatriyas (KGK) contributions to the Indian railways were widespread from the late 1850s to the latest reorganization of the Indian Railways infrastructure in 2003–2006. The community also widely known as Mistris of Kutch (or Mistry) migrated from Kutch to perform the work and were involved in the laying down of railway tracks and construction of rail bridges in almost all railway routes of undivided British India.Rohtak
Rohtak (listen ) is a city and the administrative headquarters of the Rohtak district in the Indian state of Haryana. It lies 70 kilometres (43 mi) north west of New Delhi and 250 kilometres (160 mi) south of the state capital Chandigarh on NH 9(old NH 10). Rohtak forms a part of the National Capital Region (NCR), so it can obtain cheap loans for infrastructure development from the NCR Planning Board.Rohtak is the sixth most populous city in Haryana as per the 2011 census with population of 374,292 and has literacy rate of 84.08.
It is believed that the city's name is of Indo-Aryan origin and is recorded in the Vedas. It was founded by the Vedic people, and was named Rohtashgarh. Many aryans migrate in this city. The Jats of Rohtak under the leadership of Khokhar Jatis, attacked Mahmud Gaznavi and also accompanied Khokhar Jats in 1206 AD against Mohmad Gouri. Subsequently, the evolution of the named is traced as "Rohītaka-kula > Rohitaka > Rohtak" and Michael Witzel notes that this accords with the place existing around 500 BC. The same source also suggests that the name may have derived from the tree Rohitaka as well, a tree well known in the area for its superb timber.
The ruins of the ancient town at Khokrakot suggest that perhaps the town is as old as Indus valley Civilization as the Minar finds at Khokhrakot are typical of Indus Valley sites. It is also identified with Rohitika, a place mentioned in the Mahabharata It was quite possibly the capital of Bahudhanyaka, the kingdom of Yaudheyas. In the Vinaya of the Mulasarvasti-vadins, Jivaka is represented as taking journey from Taxila in the north west of Bhadramkara, Udumbasa, Rohitaka and Nathura in the Ganga Doab. The ancient highway carried the trade of the ganga valley to Taxila passing through Rohitika to Sakala. The existence of the town during the rule of Kushan is testified by the recovery of Khushana Pillar Capital decorated with carving of winged lions and riders. An example of a lion capital of the 1st or 2nd century AD, it resembles the lion capital in the British museum at London, well known for its inscriptions. The riders on it are similar to the riders on elephant at Karle cave and figures at Sanchi Gateway. It is a significant example of the sculptural art of Haryana towards the beginning of the Christian era. Clay mounds of coins discovered at Khokhrakot have thrown important light on the process of casting coins in ancient India. The coin moulds of the later Yadhyayas of the 3rd or 4th century AD have been discovered in large number here of the same and subsequent dates are several clay sealings. A Gupta terracotta plaque and a head of later date have also been discovered. The town continued to flourish till the 10th century AD as coins of Samanta Deva, the Hindu King of Kabul have been found here.