Attention Dimension is the first solo studio album by drummer Jack Irons. It was released on September 7, 2004 through Breaching Whale.
Irons started creating his first pieces of drum music in 1994, but it wasn't until fall 1999, about a year after he left Pearl Jam, that he seriously began recording himself for a possible solo album, taking time out to record a new Eleven album, which the band released in 2003. Attention Dimension includes collaborations from friends and former bandmates like Alain Johannes, Natasha Shneider, Flea, Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, and Les Claypool. Vedder contributed vocals to a cover of Pink Floyd's "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". The album was produced by Irons. The album was mixed by Johannes and Adam Kasper. Johnny Loftus of Allmusic said, "There's no frontman hooting here, no lead guitar prima donna drama. Instead, Attention Dimension is the drummer's chance to be in the bright white klieg light. Give him a chance, will ya?"
All lyrics written by Jack Irons, except where noted; all music composed by Irons, except where noted.
- Jack Irons – drums, percussion, synthesizer, keyboard bass, organ, organ bass, horns, sounds, guitar, vocals, production, engineering, artwork
- Additional musicians and production
- Jeff Ament – fretless bass
- Charles Bates – layout design, logo design
- Les Claypool – electric bass
- Flea – electric bass
- Stone Gossard – guitar
- Bernie Grundman – mastering
- Sam Hofstedt, Floyd Reitsman – engineering
- Alain Johannes – vocals, marxophone, banjo, sounds, guitar, slide guitar, electric mridangam, horns, sigfiddle, tambourine, electric santoor, sarod, flute, soprano saxophone, engineering, mixing
- Adam Kasper – mixing
- Natasha Shneider – electric bass, piano, vocals, keyboards
- Eddie Vedder – vocals
- ^ a b Loftus, Johnny. "allmusic Attention Dimension > Review". Allmusic. Retrieved May 20, 2009.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.