Al Garhoud (Arabic: القرهود, al-qarhūd) is a commercial and residential zone. It is near Mirdif and it is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Al Garhoud is close to Dubai International Airport and therefore preferred by Emirates Airline pilots as a living place. The Emirates Aviation College is also situated in Al Garhoud.
The roads around Al Garhoud are notorious for their traffic. People generally leave out the 'Al' part of Al Garhoud and call it Garhoud.
The Emirates Airline/Emirates Group head office is in Garhoud. Daallo Airlines has its head office in the airport Free Zone.
- ^ Existing Population and Future Holding Capacities in Dubai Urban Area Archived 2008-09-11 at the Wayback Machine.. Dubai Healthcare City. 2000
- ^ "Road_map_tcm233-368293.pdf." Emirates Airline. Retrieved on 22 June 2010.
- ^ "Citibank and Emirates Group boost partnership Archived 2010-08-19 at the Wayback Machine.." Citibank. Tuesday 14 July 2009. Retrieved on 22 June 2010. "Emirates Group's new headquarters located in Al-Garhoud which houses more than 6,000 Emirates employees."
- ^ "Contact Us Archived 2010-07-03 at the Wayback Machine.." Daallo Airlines. Retrieved on 22 June 2010.
- ^ "Al Mawakeb School - Al Garhoud." Al Mawakeb Schools. Retrieved on November 15, 2015. "Since opening its doors in 1979, this AMSI managed school is one of Dubai’s most well-established international schools. "
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.