Abner S. Flagg (December 13, 1851 – September 18, 1923) was an American politician and businessman.
Born in Princeton, New Jersey, Flagg moved with his parents to Lancaster, Wisconsin in 1854. From 1874 to 1879, Flagg lived in Yankton, Dakota Territory. Flagg then moved to Edgerton, Wisconsin, in 1879, and was in the tobacco buying business. He served on the Rock County Board of Supervisors and as mayor of Edgerton. In 1897, Flagg served in the Wisconsin State Assembly and was a Republican. Flagg died in Edgerton, Wisconsin.
Edgerton is a city in Rock County and partly in Dane County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 5,461 at the 2010 census. Of this, 5,364 were in Rock County, and 97 were in Dane County. Known locally as "Tobacco City U.S.A.," because of the importance of tobacco growing in the region, Edgerton continues to be a center for the declining tobacco industry in the area.Flagg (surname)
Flagg is a surname. Notable people with the surname include:
Abner S. Flagg (1851-1923), American politician
Azariah C. Flagg, American politician
Ernest Flagg (1857–1947), American architect
Fannie Flagg (born 1944), American author
George Whiting Flagg (1816–1897), American painter
James Montgomery Flagg (1877–1960), American artist
Jared Bradley Flagg (died 1899), American artist
Russell de Gree Flagg (1892–1980), American luthier
Wilson Flagg (1938–2001), American admiral
Ella Flagg Young (1845–1918), American educator
Ray Dennis Steckler or Cash Flagg (1938–2009), American film directorFictional characters:
General Flagg, two characters in the G.I. Joe universe
Harry Flagg, a character in the British soap opera Coronation Street
Randall Flagg, a villain in several Stephen King novels
Sam Flagg, a character in the TV series M*A*S*H
Brick Flagg, a character in the animated series Kim PossiblePrinceton, New Jersey
Princeton is a municipality with a borough form of government in Mercer County, New Jersey, United States, that was established in its current form on January 1, 2013, through the consolidation of the Borough of Princeton and Princeton Township. As of the 2010 United States Census, the municipality's population was 28,572, reflecting the former township's population of 16,265, along with the 12,307 in the former borough.Princeton was founded before the American Revolution. It is the home of Princeton University, which bears its name and moved to the community in 1756 from its previous location in Newark. Although its association with the university is primarily what makes Princeton a college town, other important institutions in the area include the Institute for Advanced Study, Westminster Choir College, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory, Princeton Theological Seminary, Opinion Research Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Siemens Corporate Research, SRI International, FMC Corporation, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Amrep, Church and Dwight, Berlitz International, and Dow Jones & Company.
Princeton is roughly equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia. It is close to many major highways that serve both cities (e.g. Interstate 95 and US Route 1), and receives major television and radio broadcasts from each. It is also close to Trenton, New Jersey's capital city, and Edison.
The New Jersey governor's official residence has been in Princeton since 1945, when Morven in what was then Princeton Borough became the first Governor's mansion. It was later replaced by the larger Drumthwacket, a colonial mansion located in the former Township. Morven became a museum property of the New Jersey Historical Society.
Princeton was ranked 15th of the top 100 towns in the United States to Live and Work In by Money Magazine in 2005.
Throughout much of its history, the community was composed of two separate municipalities: a township and a borough. The central borough was completely surrounded by the township. The borough seceded from the township in 1894 in a dispute over school taxes; the two municipalities later formed the Princeton Public Schools, and some other public services were conducted together before they were reunited into a single Princeton in January 2013. Princeton Borough contained Nassau Street, the main commercial street, most of the University campus, and incorporated most of the urban area until the postwar suburbanization. The borough and township had roughly equal populations.Yankton, South Dakota
Yankton is a city in, and the County seat of, Yankton County, South Dakota, U.S. The population was 14,454 at the 2010 census. Yankton is the principal city of the Yankton Micropolitan Statistical Area, which includes the entirety of Yankton County, and which had an estimated population of 22,662 as of July 1, 2017. Yankton was the first capital of Dakota Territory. It is named for the Yankton tribe of Nakota (Sioux) Native Americans; Yankton is derived from the Nakota word I-hank-ton-wan ("the end village").Yankton is located on the Missouri River just downstream of the Gavins Point Dam and Lewis and Clark Lake and just upstream of the confluence with the James River. The United States National Park Service's headquarters for the Missouri National Recreational River are located in the city. The Human Services Center was established as a psychiatric hospital in 1882 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Yankton is commonly referred to as the "River City", due to its proximity to the Missouri River and the importance that the river played in the city's settlement and development. Yankton has also earned the nickname, "Mother City of the Dakotas", due to the early important role it played in the creation and development of the Dakota Territory, which later became the 39th and 40th U.S. states of North and South Dakota.