Click map to enlarge
The section from the A66 to Barnard Castle is primary status; from that point it turns right and it loses its primary status to the A688 road. It then travels east through Gainford and crosses the A1(M) but does not have a junction with it. The road regains primary status as it goes concurrent with the A66 road from the Blackwell roundabout and heads along the southern edge of Darlington.
As the A66 heads north, the A67 leaves at Morton Park to head east past Dinsdale and Durham Tees Valley Airport before joining with the A135 in Eaglescliffe. From there it heads south through Yarm and Kirklevington before joining the A19 road at Crathorne.
The road has been described by a UK Government transport minister as an important commuter route and as being the gateway to Teesdale from Darlington. Despite its status as an important route, it is not maintained by Highways England but by the local authority. The section around Darlington and also onwards towards Middlesbrough was originally the A66.
The 10-mile (16 km) stretch road between the A66 at Morton Park and the A19 was named the third most improved road in 2013. Work on this section included vehicle activated signage, draining and re-surfacing.
A67 or A-67 may refer to:
A67 road, a road connecting Bowes and Crathorne in England
A67 motorway (Germany), a road connecting the A3 and the A6
A67 motorway (Netherlands), a road connecting Eersel and Eindhoven
A67 highway (Spain), a road connecting Santander and Palenci
Benoni Defense, in the Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings
US Aircraft A-67 Dragon, an American single-engine, propeller-driven, ground attack aircraft
A former name of Pioneer Park, an amusement park in Fairbanks, AlaskaA688 road
The A688 is a road in County Durham in North East England.
It begins at the junction with the A67 road in Barnard Castle and continues in a north easterly direction for 25 miles (40 km), terminating at the A181 to the east of Durham City.
The road passes through the village of Staindrop, past Raby Castle through West Auckland, Bishop Auckland and on to Spennymoor. It then continues through the Thinford intersection with the A167 to Junction 61 of the A1(M) at Bowburn. The latest extension to the road from the A1(M) to the A181 was opened on 30 October 2008.The road is single-carriageway except for a short 800 m (870 yd) stretch of dual-carriageway at Spennymoor.Carlbury
Carlbury is a hamlet in the civil parish of High Coniscliffe in County Durham, in England. It is situated a few miles to the west of Darlington, on the north bank of the River Tees between Piercebridge to the west, and High Coniscliffe to the east. High and Low Carlbury once constituted a slightly larger settlement, but most of the hamlet at Low Carlbury became derelict and was demolished by the late 1940s. A few buildings remain.Kirklevington
Kirklevington (also known as Kirk Leavington) is a village and civil parish in the borough of Stockton-on-Tees, and ceremonial county of North Yorkshire, England. It is situated just outside the town of Yarm.List of crossings of the River Tees
This is a list of crossings of the River Tees, heading downstream, including road, rail, pipe and foot/cycle bridges and fords.List of lost settlements in the United Kingdom
This list of lost settlements in the United Kingdom includes deserted medieval villages (DMVs), shrunken villages, abandoned villages and other settlements known to have been lost, depopulated or significantly reduced in size over the centuries. There are estimated to be as many as 3,000 DMVs in England. Grid references are given, where known.Low Coniscliffe
Low Coniscliffe is a village in the civil parish of Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent, in County Durham, England. The population of the civil parish taken at the 2011 Census was 716. It is situated 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Darlington. Its present built-up area is confined in practice between the A1, the A67 and the Tees, but its old boundaries probably extend much further. Its most obvious landmark on the A67 is the Baydale Beck Inn. The village contains a couple of listed buildings and the probable site of a medieval manor house. There was once a gallows in the village. A rare fungus Rhodotus palmatus was found nearby.Merrybent
Merrybent is a linear village in the civil parish of Low Coniscliffe and Merrybent in County Durham, in England. It is situated on the A67 road to the west of Darlington, a short distance to the north of the River Tees and the Teesdale Way. At the beginning of the 20th century there were hardly any buildings here, and its main feature at that time was Merrybent Nurseries with its many glasshouses. The nursery was cut through by the A1 road in the 1960s; at this point it runs on the trackbed of the old Merrybent railway. The village is now a settlement of modern housing.Tees Cottage Pumping Station
Tees Cottage Pumping Station is a Victorian pumping station complex at Broken Scar on the A67 near Low Coniscliffe just west of Darlington. The site dates from 1849, and was built to provide drinking water for Darlington and the surrounding area. It is a Scheduled Ancient Monument housing two completely original pumping engines in fully working order: a 1904 beam engine, built by Teasdale Brothers of Darlington, which is still steamed using its original 1902 Lancashire boilers; and a rare 1914 two-cylinder gas internal-combustion engine, the largest such engine surviving in Europe. Both engines can be seen in operation on certain weekends through the year, using their original pumps to pump water from the River Tees, just as they always have done.
A roads in Zone 6 of the Great Britain road numbering scheme