The A626 in Charlesworth near Glossop
|Length||12.2 mi (19.6 km)|
|East end||Heaton Chapel|
|West end||Dinting Vale|
Chisworth is a hamlet near Glossop, Derbyshire, England. It is located 3 miles south-west of Glossop's town centre, on the south side of the Etherow valley. The parish of Chisworth was formed in 1896, out of the parish of Chisworth and Ludworth. In 1901, it had a population of 409. From 1896 until 1934 it was in the Glossop Rural District, when it was placed with Ludworth into the Chapel en le Frith Rural District. The village possesses a Methodist chapel. The A626 road passed through the hamlet. In June 1930, a local cloud burst caused flooding which killed one man and destroyed equipment at the mills, one of which never reopened.Holehouse
Holehouse is a hamlet in Derbyshire, England. It is located 2 miles west of Glossop, on the A626 road close to Charlesworth.Offerton School
Offerton School was a state comprehensive secondary school located north of the A626 road near the River Goyt in Offerton, a suburb of Stockport, Greater Manchester. The school catered for pupils aged 11 to 16 and was maintained by the Metropolitan Borough of Stockport. Due to a forced closure issued by the government, the school ceased to function in 2012.
It was known as the Goyt Bank High School for Girls from 1960, being built by Stockport Corporation, originally to be known as the Goyt Bank Technical High School for Girls. It was a two-form entry grammar technical school, with girls moving there for the former Greek Street High School for Girls in Stockport. Other similar schools at the time were the Stockport High School for Girls and the Fylde Lodge High School for Girls on Priestnall Road in Heaton Moor. Later it became a three-form entry school with 550 girls. Stockport Technical High School (a boys' technical school) moved from Pendlebury Hall on Lancashire Hill to The Fairway at Offerton in 1964. It had 400 boys. Both of these schools had sixth forms.
It became Goyt Bank School in 1972 when it merged with Stockport Technical High School and Offerton Secondary School for Girls, both schools on the Offerton Campus. It had 1500 boys and girls.
In 1983 Goyt Bank merged with Dialstone Lane, and was renamed Offerton High School. Later it became Offerton School.
Today, part of the former school site now houses Castle Hill High School, a special school that was relocated from Brinnington.
A roads in Zone 6 of the Great Britain road numbering scheme