The A6003 is an A-class road in England, linking Kettering in Northamptonshire with Corby and Oakham, the latter in Rutland. The road briefly enters Leicestershire between the villages of Rockingham and Caldecott. The road forms the principal link between Corby and the rest of Northamptonshire, as well as between Rutland and Northamptonshire. The entire length of the road is 21 miles (34 km).
|Length||21 mi (34 km)|
|South end||A14 road near Kettering|
| A14 Junction 10|
|Kettering, Corby, Uppingham, Oakham|
The road starts at junction 10 of the A14, heading past Wicksteed Park and into Kettering. Through the town it is a single carriageway until crossing the A43 at a signal-controlled roundabout. From here it passes an industrial development and heads north towards Corby. The stretch between the A43 and the A6014 road in Corby is the only length of dual carriageway on the route. As at July 2012 a bypass is under construction from Barford Bridge on the A6003 to the A43 west of Stanion to relieve the traffic on the single carriageway passing through Geddington on the A43. Skirting the edge of Corby, the road passes the Eyebrook Reservoir before crossing the A47 at a roundabout at Uppingham. North of here it passes Rutland Water before arriving at Oakham, where a new bypass has been constructed.
Gunthorpe is a civil parish and a hamlet in the county of Rutland in the East Midlands of England.
The population of Gunthorpe grew to several hundred before being devastated by the plague which ravaged Great Britain and much of Europe from 1347 to 1351. Today, Gunthorpe remains as one of Rutland's smallest inhabited hamlets, with just 10 houses and 16 residents. Despite being dissected by the railway and the main Oakham to Uppingham A6003 road, the tiny hamlet of Gunthorpe remains a lively idyll, which typifies the agricultural heart of the county of Rutland. Set in the rolling hills adjoining the River Gwash, approximately 2½ miles south of Oakham and on the western shores of Rutland Water, Gunthorpe has several footpaths and bridleways which offer some of the county's most enjoyable, all-year round views. The population of the civil parish remained less than 100 at the 2011 census and was included in the civil parish of Manton.
The estate was sold by the Earl of Ancaster to Charles Harvey Dixon in 1906.Gunthorpe's oldest surviving building was built circa 1840. Now a farmhouse, the Durham Ox Inn was a popular haunt of the navvies and labourers engaged in the construction of part of the railway which became known as the London Midland and Scottish Railway, running between Kettering and Oakham from the mid 19th Century and to this day.
A roads in Zone 6 of the Great Britain road numbering scheme