1563 in Sweden
Events from the year 1563 in Sweden
- 7 June - The King's brother Duke John and his spouse is accused of treason in their absence.
- 9 August - Northern Seven Years' War
- August - A fleet conquer the province and Duchy of Finland from the King's brother John on the order of the king.
- 12 August - Duke John and his spouse is arrested for treason after the Siege of Turku, and imprisoned at Gripsholm Castle.
- 22 August - Danish occupation of Älvsborg.
- 9 November - Danish victory at the Battle of Mared
- 30 December – Swedish commander Nils Persson are given the order to invade and pillage the Danish province of Blekinge.
- - Erik XIV encourage the peasantry of Norway to rebel against Denmark.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.