Year 1470 (MCDLXX) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
- March 12 – Wars of the Roses in England – Battle of Losecoat Field: The House of York defeats the House of Lancaster.
- March 20 (Julian calendar) – The Battle of Nibley Green is the last fought between the private armies of feudal magnates in England.
- Spring: Anglo-Hanseatic War: Hanseatic League privateers set sail.
- May 15 – Charles VIII of Sweden, who has served three terms as King of Sweden, dies. Sten Sture the Elder proclaims himself Regent of Sweden the following day, and is recognised by the estates on June 1.
- July 12 – The Ottomans capture Euboea.
- August 20 – Stephen the Great defeats the Volga Tatars of the Golden Horde led by Ahmed Khan, in the Battle of Lipnic.
- September 13 – A rebellion orchestrated by King Edward IV of England's former ally, Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, forces the King to flee England to seek support from his brother-in-law, Charles the Bold of Burgundy.
- October 3 – Warwick releases Henry VI of England from the Tower of London, and restores him to the throne.
- November 28 – Emperor Lê Thánh Tông of Vietnam launches a naval expedition against Champa, beginning the Cham–Annamese War.
- December 18 – Lê Thánh Tông leads the Đại Việt army into Champa, conquering the country in less than three months.
- January 1 – Magnus I, Duke of Saxe-Lauenburg, German noble (d. 1543)
- February 16 – Eric I, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Prince of Calenberg (1491–1540) (d. 1540)
- April 7 – Edward Stafford, 2nd Earl of Wiltshire (d. 1498)
- April 9 – Giovanni Angelo Testagrossa, Italian composer (d. 1530)
- May 20 – Pietro Bembo, Italian cardinal (d. 1547)
- June 30 – Charles VIII of France (d. 1498)
- July 13 – Francesco Armellini Pantalassi de' Medici, Italian Catholic cardinal (d. 1528)
- July 20 – John Bourchier, 1st Earl of Bath, English noble (d. 1539)
- July 30 – Hongzhi Emperor of China (d. 1505)
- August 4
- October 2
- October 15 – Konrad Mutian, German humanist (d. 1526)
- November 2 – King Edward V of England, one of the princes in the Tower (d. c. 1483)
- November 28 – Wen Zhengming, artist during the Ming Dynasty (d. 1559)
- December 5 – Willibald Pirckheimer, German humanist (d. 1530)
- date unknown
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.