10 Lacertae (10 Lac) is a star in the constellation Lacerta. With an apparent magnitude of 4.9, it is located around 700 parsecs (2,300 ly) distant in the small Lacerta OB1 association. It is a hot blue main-sequence star of spectral type O9V, a massive star that is currently fusing its core hydrogen. It is a suspected Beta Cephei variable star.
10 Lacertae was one of the first O-type stars (along with S Monocerotis) to be defined as an anchor point for the MKK spectral classification; since the early twentieth century it has served as such a point. Specifically, the star is representative of O9V stars, meaning relatively cool O-type stars on the main-sequence.
10 Lacertae has an 8th magnitude companion about one arc-minute away.
- ^ a b c d e van Leeuwen, F. (November 2007). "Validation of the new Hipparcos reduction". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 474: 653–664. arXiv:0708.1752 . Bibcode:2007A&A...474..653V. doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20078357.
- ^ a b c "UBV photometry of stars whose positions are accurately known. VII". Astronomy and Astrophysics Supplement Series. 100 (3): 591–592. Bibcode:1993A&AS..100..591O. ISSN 0365-0138.
- ^ Sota, A.; Maíz Apellániz, J.; Walborn, N. R.; Alfaro, E. J.; Barbá, R. H.; Morrell, N. I.; Gamen, R. C.; Arias, J. I. "The Galactic O-Star Spectroscopic Survey. I. Classification System and Bright Northern Stars in the Blue-violet at R ~ 2500". The Astrophysical Journal Supplement. 193 (3). arXiv:1101.4002 . Bibcode:2011ApJS..193...24S. doi:10.1088/0067-0049/193/2/24.
- ^ Samus, N. N.; Durlevich, O. V. (January 2009). "VizieR Online Data Catalog: General Catalogue of Variable Stars". Bibcode:2009yCat....102025S.
- ^ Gontcharov, G. A. (2006). "Pulkovo Compilation of Radial Velocities for 35 495 Hipparcos stars in a common system". Astronomy Letters. 32 (11): 759. arXiv:1606.08053 . Bibcode:2006AstL...32..759G. doi:10.1134/S1063773706110065.
- ^ Kaltcheva, N.; Golev, V. (2011). "Improved Distances to Several Galactic OB Associations". Stellar Clusters & Associations: A RIA Workshop on Gaia.: 299–303. arXiv:1107.3758 . Bibcode:2011sca..conf..299K.
- ^ a b Mokiem, M. R.; de Koter, A.; Puls, J.; Herrero, A.; Najarro, F.; Villamariz, M. R. (October 2005). "Spectral analysis of early-type stars using a genetic algorithm based fitting method". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 441 (2): 711–733. arXiv:astro-ph/0506751 . Bibcode:2005A&A...441..711M. doi:10.1051/0004-6361:20053522.
- ^ Garrison, R. F. (1994). "A Hierarchy of Standards for the MK Process". Astronomical Society of the Pacific. 60: 3. Bibcode:1994ASPC...60....3G.
- ^ Dommanget, J.; Nys, O. (1994). "Catalogue of the Components of Double and Multiple stars (CCDM). First edition". Bibcode:1994CoORB.115.....D.
This page is based on a Wikipedia article written by authors
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.